Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Cherry Picker »

There are lots of options for line combinations, but if Pod is not sophomore slumping and starts next season like he ended last, I’d like to see what he could do with Petey and Brock. That could be the top line if Miller is centring another line or is traded?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

donlever wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:41 am
Per wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:43 am Not ready for hoes and blunts just yet though.
The key to enlightenment according to Cuz.

The aliens told him so.
*Telepathically
If you need air...call it in
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:20 am
donlever wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 6:41 am
Per wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 5:43 am Not ready for hoes and blunts just yet though.
The key to enlightenment according to Cuz.

The aliens told him so.
*Telepathically
I always took you as a rear entrance type, no?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

19yr old Danila Klimovich, is an intriguing prospect, 6'2" 205lbs :o, right shot center, might form the Russian line in the next year or so with Podkolzin and Kuzmenko.
technically Klimovich is Belarusian, but 70.2% of em speak Russian.

Jett Woo and Klimovich need some NHL games under their belt asap.
https://thehockeywriters.com/canucks-pr ... l-2022-23/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

According to Faber, Klimovich needs at least another year of seasoning in the AHL to work on his defensive game.

Woo needs to take a step before he is even considered for a call up.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:35 am According to Faber, Klimovich needs at least another year of seasoning in the AHL to work on his defensive game.

Do you think the new coach will have more emphasis on developing the players? Now I assume we have a new coach but then I’m on a vacation and after water whisky is the second most liquid I have consumed.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

2Fingers wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:23 am
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 10:35 am According to Faber, Klimovich needs at least another year of seasoning in the AHL to work on his defensive game.

Do you think the new coach will have more emphasis on developing the players? Now I assume we have a new coach but then I’m on a vacation and after water whisky is the second most liquid I have consumed.
The coach in the AHL? I would hope so.

Its been an area thats been lacking for a long time
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:01 am

I think he took faceoffs. The guy is an absolute bull on the wall. I’m sure he has the smarts and might be able to play the middle. But I also think he could be a 60-70 point winger that does it all. There’s no reason to shoehorn him into an Artem Chubarov type role on the third line
That's a fair point, but I think he could also be a Bo Horvat type role on the third line - potting 30 goals in a defensive role playing with ok linemates.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

No doubt about Klimovich needing another year of seasoning, but I wouldn't be surprised if injuries occur later in the 2022/23 season if he gets a few pro games. Hoping Woo can step up his game, he played with Bones.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Good news for Jurmo!
Dave Hall, Dobber Prospects:

It looks like Joni Jurmo (#Canucks) has officially made Team Finland for August's WJC.

He looked confident and one of the team's better defenders through the matches I watched.
19yrs Jurmo, 6'4, 200lbs LHD.
Jurmo's projectable 6-foot-4 frame and smooth-skating lend itself to covering large swaths of ice and carrying the puck from one zone to the next sometimes effortlessly. His speed makes him one of the best puck-rushers in the Finnish U20 league. He accelerates well when he's already in motion and is a deceptive skater in the neutral zone with crossovers and changes of pace. -EliteProspects
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

That's great news. Truscott is part of the U.S. camp, too.

The Canucks need to get Zlodeyev over here, his development is going nowhere, and he still has some upside.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Truscott did make the U.S. WJC team. So a few guys to watch with Truscott, Lekkerimaki, and Jurmo each making it.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Curmudgeon wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 8:16 pm Truscott did make the U.S. WJC team. So a few guys to watch with Truscott, Lekkerimaki, and Jurmo each making it.
Be nice to have a Canadian kid we draft make it on a WJC..

Who was the last? Hodgeson?
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Aug 07, 2022 9:34 pm Be nice to have a Canadian kid we draft make it on a WJC..

Who was the last? Hodgeson?
Actually, I remember Jonah Gadjocop and Mikey D representing Team Canada not too long ago.

Oh yeah, and Jake. :P
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

ESQ wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 11:55 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Wed Jul 27, 2022 8:01 am

I think he took faceoffs. The guy is an absolute bull on the wall. I’m sure he has the smarts and might be able to play the middle. But I also think he could be a 60-70 point winger that does it all. There’s no reason to shoehorn him into an Artem Chubarov type role on the third line
That's a fair point, but I think he could also be a Bo Horvat type role on the third line - potting 30 goals in a defensive role playing with ok linemates.
30 goals playing on the 3rd line?

I don’t think the 80’s Oilers even had 30 goal scorers playing 3rd line minutes.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”