2022 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: 2022 Draft Class

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The thing with Wright is he’s not an overly dynamic player which is why he gets compared to Bergeron who isn’t flashy but takes care of business like no other. If Wright can be somewhat as good as Bergeron, then you got a solid but not very flashy player but if he isn’t?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If we land the 2nd overall pick who you picking between Jiricek and Nemec for the Canucks if you had the choice and if they are still available? IMO you have to go with one of those two for the Canucks because the forwards in the top end just ain’t special enough to consider
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cherry Picker
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Cherry Picker »

Nemec (better offence) if they didn’t have Hughes, but they do, so Jiricek (better defence).
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

A look behind the scenes with the Chipmunk, the new mgmt team and the sandwich makers. :P

Man, former NHLer Todd Harvey has really packed on the pounds sans his playing. :?

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Cherry Picker wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 8:33 am Nemec (better offence) if they didn’t have Hughes, but they do, so Jiricek (better defence).
I’m Trying to understand the practicality of going with the lesser skilled D-man in this crazy search for “that perfect partner” to just play with Quinn Hughes? Me? I’m all about skill as skill wins. The Avalanche seem to do pretty good with Makar, Byram and Girard. You get those partners by other means. You draft for “max ceiling”. That should trump all, not what’s good for Quinn Hughes.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Options at 15?

Some scouts saying he could even play bottom 3 as early as next year.

Decent size at 18.

Right handed.

Ryan Chesley – 2022 NHL Draft Prospect Profile

https://thehockeywriters.com/ryan-chesl ... t-profile/
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:23 pm Options at 15?

Decent size at 18.

Right handed.

Donny Deep Cove, why you drafting positionally? You draft BPA, I don’t need to tell a salty ole been-around-the-block miserable Canuck fan such as yourself that.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Not at all Chef.

As I said the other day just researching draft positions 8 - 22, disecting online and posting the intel.

Conversation was towards D in the moment so I posted a defender I'd been reading up on.
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Chef I think everyone is with you in drafting BPA but you, and everyone else, has stated that this draft past the top 3/4 is a crap shoot.

A lot of unknowns and no true standouts. Even in the top end of the draft there’s a lot of uncertainty.

From the Canucks perspective if we still have the 15th and there’s are a bunch of guys no one feels is a consensus BPA I think you draft with need in mind as well. D are getting harder to come by, especially RHD with some skill and size.

If you have a couple wingers and a RHD similarly ranked at 15 I think you take the D man.

That Chesley I like the sounds of but feel he may be gone at 15. Call it the Makar influence.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

They’re both RS D-men which is great. The difference maker for me however is skill. I’m picking skill over stay at home for sure
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 2:38 pm They’re both RS D-men which is great. The difference maker for me however is skill. I’m picking skill over stay at home for sure
Both? We’re just talking about Chesley aren’t we?

I’m not sure who else you are referring to.
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

I think he's still discussing the top 6 options.

Nemec and Jiricek
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

donlever wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:01 pm I think he's still discussing the top 6 options.

Nemec and Jiricek
I was yes. Aaron might be drinking today
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 1:07 pm
donlever wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 12:23 pm Options at 15?

Decent size at 18.

Right handed.

Donny Deep Cove, why you drafting positionally? You draft BPA, I don’t need to tell a salty ole been-around-the-block miserable Canuck fan such as yourself that.
Chef, the reality is Righty D are uncommon, you pay roughly $1mil extra for a UFA righty versus equivalent lefty, and the same rarity translates to the draft. But only for right-shot D. I'd reckon being a righty is worth a +2 to a +5 on draft position.

Missing out on Righty Ds at the draft really comes back to haunt you when you're trying to acquire one via trade or UFA.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:05 pm
donlever wrote: Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:01 pm I think he's still discussing the top 6 options.

Nemec and Jiricek
I was yes. Aaron might be drinking today
Actually feel like I should be to follow sometimes.