Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:18 pm PLD is Canadian/American, his Mom is American. Would not be surprised if he wants to play back in the States
There’s a lot of smoke around him wanting to go to the Habs.

I get not wanting to play in Winnipeg. But he didn’t like Columbus either.

Wheeler, PLD, Scheifele and Helleybuck are all UFA in 2024. Take a blowtorch to it.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

So Luke Richardson becomes the sixth new head coaching hire this summer. Three more (Winnipeg, Boston, Detroit) to go.

Dhaliwal mentioned today that Barry Trotz has taken himself out of the running for the Jet's' job. Wants to 'focus on family.'

The Blackhawks will hire Luke Richardson as their next head coach, per numerous reports.

Richardson, 53, brings extensive playing and assistant coaching experience from stops with OTT, NYI and MTL, but he'll be a first-time NHL head coach.

Story:

https://twitter.com/BenPopeCST/status/1 ... ZEyX0ahQmA
el rey del mambo
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:24 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:18 pm PLD is Canadian/American, his Mom is American. Would not be surprised if he wants to play back in the States

Wheeler, PLD, Scheifele and Helleybuck are all UFA in 2024. Take a blowtorch to it.
If they take a blow torch to it it will be dark days for a very long time there, longer than the Sabres forever rebuild, none of the top prospects they draft will want to stay long term. Cleaning house will send a terrible message to the hockey world for a city that already struggles to keep players enthused on playing there
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

The last time a Hab was in the top 10 of NHL scoring for a season was 1986.

Mats Naslund.

Suck it Montreal.
DeLevering since 1999.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I could see PLD going back to Montreal as a UFA
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Barry Trotz doesn't want to go to Winterpeg either.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

..yeah, he can take his cool 4 mill for next year, chill and buy his own damn beer.
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:00 pm ..yeah, he can take his cool 4 mill for next year, chill and buy his own damn beer.
Yup, I’d be dedicating time to family as well if someone’s paying me 7 figures to stay home!
donlever
CC Legend

Post by donlever »

Aaronp18 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:36 pm
donlever wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:00 pm ..yeah, he can take his cool 4 mill for next year, chill and buy his own damn beer.
Yup, I’d be dedicating time to family as well if someone’s paying me 7 figures to stay home!
...or golfing in your garage!

:lol:
DeLevering since 1999.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

donlever wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:43 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:36 pm
...or golfing in your garage!

:lol:
:D

With $4m Trotz doesn’t need to stick to his garage!
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Fri Jun 24, 2022 4:33 pm

If they take a blow torch to it it will be dark days for a very long time there, longer than the Sabres forever rebuild, none of the top prospects they draft will want to stay long term. Cleaning house will send a terrible message to the hockey world for a city that already struggles to keep players enthused on playing there
So they are supposed to hang into cancerous prima donnas they don’t want to be there? Fuck that. Ship out the four of those guys and get on with a rebuild. Thru could get a massive haul for those guys and build around Connor, Perfetti, Ehlers, Morrisey, etc. Tear the band aid off
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:24 pm

So they are supposed to hang into cancerous prima donnas they don’t want to be there? Fuck that. Ship out the four of those guys and get on with a rebuild. Thru could get a massive haul for those guys and build around Connor, Perfetti, Ehlers, Morrisey, etc. Tear the band aid off
Disagree with the Blobbee blow torch for Winnipeg. Chef prefers the more intelligent manoeuvres called the “re-tool”. The “take a flame thrower to it” it’s for fools
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:21 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 2:24 pm

Disagree with the Blobbee blow torch for Winnipeg. Chef prefers the more intelligent manoeuvres called the “re-tool”. The “take a flame thrower to it” it’s for fools
Wheeler is 35, Helleybuck and Scheifle are 29, and allegedly PLD doesn't want to be there.

A proper re-tool gets rid of all 4 of those guys because they sure as shit don't have the horses surrounding them to win much right now and they aren't likely to add them in free agency. Any drafted player is not making an impact until those guys are free agents.

The Jets were a powerhouse on the blueline and a scary team to face from top to bottom a few years back. Then in a single off-season they lost Byfuglien, Myers, and Trouba, and didn't replace them with much of anything.

They basically swapped problem childs with Columbus.

Time to shake it up.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Scheifele and Hellyebuck have already made noises about wanting out. Now PLD. Yeah it makes total sense to keep those guys around as their value plummets. Brilliant strategy. Wheeler is 35. Just keep them all around. Let them all walk to UFA and get nothing for any of them. As an owner I’d rubberstamp that plan in a heartbeat.
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jun 26, 2022 10:21 pm

Disagree with the Blobbee blow torch for Winnipeg.
Dude, you disagree with Blob out of habit.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.