2nd Round Predictions, 2022

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Re: 2nd Round Predictions, 2022

Post by BCExpat »

Wow - this game is nuts. All of a sudden, Markstrom can't stop a beach ball. Flames better smarten up in the 3rd.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Y’all watching the CFL game tonight?
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

It didn’t occur to me how much nausea would occur from Flamer euphoria, not to mention any level of Tkachuk effectiveness. He was a moron and a defensive liability yet scored a hat trick. Pure bile coming up…

Nice for Grandpa-Expat, but really hard on the rest of us.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Puck wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 10:26 pm It didn’t occur to me how much nausea would occur from Flamer euphoria, not to mention any level of Tkachuk effectiveness. He was a moron and a defensive liability yet scored a hat trick. Pure bile coming up…

Nice for Grandpa-Expat, but really hard on the rest of us.
I"m not sure what to think after that. Sure they scored 9 goals, but man, what happened to Markstrom? He let in at least 3 softies. They won, but I'm sure Sutter isn't happy with their defensive performance tonight. As for Edmonton, wow, they really missed the boat on obtaining a goalie in the last offseason. Good thing Edmonton was a complete gong show. I'm not euphoric about this game - if the Flames were playing a good team, they would have been smoked.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

What the actual,fuck?

I was expecting 159+ of pims with that score.

Nope. Just 2 shitty Alberta teams not understanding hockey. Everything about EVERY X canuck on either team is now justified.

If I am Colorado, I am struggling not to see my path to the SCF… lack of focus is the downfall.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:39 pm What the actual,fuck?

Nope. Just 2 shitty Alberta teams not understanding hockey. Everything about EVERY X canuck on either team is now justified.

If I am Colorado, I am struggling not to see my path to the SCF… lack of focus is the downfall.
Yeah, I can't see either of these teams beating the Avs. Markstrom had an off night, and the Flames seemed to take their foot off the gas so to speak, to allow the Oilers to tie it up. They did have some bad luck, like when Zadorov broke his stick and the Oilers scored on the ensuing play, but really, their casual play after they scored their 5th goal, is not acceptable. I hope Tanev is back soon, but there is a rumor that he may be done for the season.
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

I guess that penalty box chirp session between Tkachuk and Kane had MT giving it to Eastvander over his bankruptcy

:lol:

Van needs to steal Kane this summer. He's exactly what is missing in our top 6
If you need air...call it in
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Strangelove wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 7:08 pm Linden is great in the community.

Yup, Smith really shat the bed tonight.
Markstrom was Smith's equal in that one.

Just terrible goaltending at both ends.....who woulda thunk that Koskinen would be the best goaltender in the first game of this series (and he was shit too). :lol:
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Calgary completely forgot their gameplan after they chased Smith. It's like they just decided they were going to do nothing but focus on pumping pucks through the ECHL-level Edmonton goaltenders and not worry about anything else.

Honestly though, in that first period it was McDavid and the officials that let Edmonton get any life. Right before McDavid's first goal Kane takes the Calgary guy out from behind on the end wall and McDavid scoops up the loose biscuit and Markstrom plays it like a rookie. All things being equal that's just playoff hockey, but 2 minutes later Backlund gets a minor for even lesser contact on McDavid who went down pretty easily.

Kane then punches Lucic in the face after the latter throws a hit McDavid and Looch goes to the box.

Just abysmal NHL product all over the place.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BCExpat wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:47 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:39 pm What the actual,fuck?

Yeah, I can't see either of these teams beating the Avs. Markstrom had an off night, and the Flames seemed to take their foot off the gas so to speak, to allow the Oilers to tie it up. They did have some bad luck, like when Zadorov broke his stick and the Oilers scored on the ensuing play, but really, their casual play after they scored their 5th goal, is not acceptable. I hope Tanev is back soon, but there is a rumor that he may be done for the season.
If Sutter can refocus his team and get them to actually play their game I can see them giving Colorado a good run for their money.
Puck
MVP
MVP

Post by Puck »

Game one will end up an anomaly. Markstrom had so few shots in the first half of the game, he lost focus. He will rebound.

Even though his numbers were good in round one, I never thought Smith looked particularly comfortable. It will be interesting to see if he bounces back.

Calgary were probably ripped apart by Sutter post-game, so they should reorganize and come back playing like the first period of last night in game two.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

BCExpat wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:47 pm Yeah, I can't see either of these teams beating the Avs. Markstrom had an off night, and the Flames seemed to take their foot off the gas so to speak, to allow the Oilers to tie it up. They did have some bad luck, like when Zadorov broke his stick and the Oilers scored on the ensuing play, but really, their casual play after they scored their 5th goal, is not acceptable. I hope Tanev is back soon, but there is a rumor that he may be done for the season.
I get the impression that you're invested in the remainder of the flames' playoffs. ;) Your wife's evil plan seemed to have worked. :D
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Cornuck wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 10:01 am
BCExpat wrote: Wed May 18, 2022 11:47 pm Yeah, I can't see either of these teams beating the Avs. Markstrom had an off night, and the Flames seemed to take their foot off the gas so to speak, to allow the Oilers to tie it up. They did have some bad luck, like when Zadorov broke his stick and the Oilers scored on the ensuing play, but really, their casual play after they scored their 5th goal, is not acceptable. I hope Tanev is back soon, but there is a rumor that he may be done for the season.
I get the impression that you're invested in the remainder of the flames' playoffs. ;) Your wife's evil plan seemed to have worked. :D
Believe it or not, I'm much more interested in seeing the Oilers lose, than Calgary winning. As for my wife's plan, yeah, she knows how to push the right buttons with me :lol: :lol:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

BCExpat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:14 am
Believe it or not, I'm much more interested in seeing the Oilers lose, than Calgary winning. As for my wife's plan, yeah, she knows how to push the right buttons with me :lol: :lol:
Weird, I feel the exact same way.

This must mean that you still have Canuck roots despite the many years of Expat status. :P
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

Mëds wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:46 am
BCExpat wrote: Thu May 19, 2022 11:14 am
Weird, I feel the exact same way.

This must mean that you still have Canuck roots despite the many years of Expat status. :P
That and the fact that I have many Canuck fans in my family. Probably more Canuck fans that Flames fans now that I think about it. :look:
Whale Oil Beef Hooked