Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Re: Mick's thread full of links (21/22) CLICK AT YOUR OWN PERIL

Post by Mickey107 »

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
Add Mathieu Darche's name to the Vancouver GM search mix. Hearing that Darche interviewed and is among the final 5 Canucks GM candidates. Patrik Allvin, Scott Mellanby, Sean Burke also among final candidates. Obviously there's another candidate as well.
@TSNHockey /1:36 PM · Jan 25, 2022
LINK
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

https://www.sportsnet.ca/?sn-article=ke ... vis-record / January 25, 2022, 7:38 PM
Keith Yandle breaks NHL’s all-time iron man streak, eclipsing Doug Jarvis’ record.
Playing in his 965th consecutive NHL game, Keith Yandle has officially become the NHL’s Iron Man.

The Philadelphia Flyers defenceman passed the league record 964 games set by Doug Jarvis three-plus decades ago after skating against the New York Islanders on Tuesday night.

Jarvis broke the previous record held by Garry Unger on Boxing Day 1986, which happened to be less than three months after Yandle was born. Jarvis’ streak was slightly different in that the former Montreal Canadiens, Washington Capitals and Hartford Whalers forward didn’t miss a single game throughout his career that spanned 13 years.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

LIVE | President, Hockey Operations, Jim Rutherford and General Manager, Patrik Allvin address the media...starts at 10:50 mark. to 41:42 min. mark.
Rick Dhaliwal @DhaliwalSports
Texting with Penguins president of hockey ops Brian Burke on Canucks new GM Patrik Allvin : Patrik is thorough, smart and a great guy. He takes his time and listens, he will do a nice job in Vancouver.
Jim Rutherford:
"I am pleased to welcome Patrik and his family to Vancouver. Patrik and I worked together for seven years, and I believe he will be an excellent General Manager. He has won three Stanley Cups and has experience at all levels of hockey operations. He is intelligent, works hard, makes strong decisions and I believe he will help us build a winning team in Vancouver."
----
Patrik Allvin:
"I am grateful and humbled for this opportunity and want to thank Jim and the Aquilini family for their belief in me. Leading an NHL team in Canada is an honour and building a championship team in Vancouver is our goal. Jim has assembled a diverse and talented hockey operations group in Vancouver, and I look forward to working closely with all of them as we build a team that fans will be proud of and will ultimately compete again for a Stanley Cup."
"Patrik and I worked together for 7 years in Pittsburgh and I really learned to respect him - not only as a person, but as a great hockey guy." - Jim Rutherford on Allvin. Says Allvin has touched every area of hockey ops., will bring a "winning culture" to Vancouver.
"I know how detailed and competitive he is," says Allvin of Jim Rutherford. "He's always a forward thinking and he empowers staff."
Describes the Canucks GM role as appealing, particularly because of the fit and familiarity with Rutherford.
"You've got to be open minded. This is a humble game. The players change and the game changes... You've got to be open minded in looking for talent." - Patrik Allvin on his scouting philosophy...
Allvin echoes some of Rutherford's previous comments on talent acquisition: cites how important it is to find talent outside the first round, utilizing college and European free agent talent pools to build the team.
"I like what we've seen here in the last week or so now that we've been short-handed...I give our players and coaches a lot of credit. They showed a lot of character and gave everything they had...But we have to add more players to get to where we want to." - Rutherford..
"Some big decisions are coming up," says Jim Rutherford.
Allvin said as part of his visit to Vancouver he had a 2-hour lunch with the Sedins. Sees a big role for them going forward.
"What they said about culture and identity and standards, that's something I too believe in."
"We still have a couple of places where we can add," Rutherford says of his front office, beyond addition of Émilie Castonguay and Rachel Doerrie who he said were very important and sees a possibly expanded role for Ryan Johnson too.
Jim Rutherford just rattled off a Canucks to-do list off the cuff:
-A new practice facility
-Evaluate and deliver a development camp
-A rookie tournament (Young Stars!?)
-Upgrading the facilities in Abbotsford and at Rogers Arena
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Bruce Boudreau on the status of the players on the upcoming road trip. 4:02 min. He added that if the POHO or the GM want his advice, he'll offer it.
Farhan Lalji @FarhanLaljiTSN
Boudreau says Demko is still in protocol and won’t make the initial part of the trip. Skated this morning with players who have already had Covid.

Martin and DiPietro will make the trip and Halak will meet them there. Burroughs LBI - out until after ASB.
Canucks; 10:14 AM · Jan 26, 2022
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:40 am
Boudreau says Demko is still in protocol and won’t make the initial part of the trip.
BTW Mick, did you ever apologize to the board for stating Demko was out of covid protocol yesterday? :eh:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 11:40 am
Boudreau says Demko is still in protocol and won’t make the initial part of the trip.
BTW Mick, did you ever apologize to the board for stating Demko was out of covid protocol yesterday? :eh:
Micky is the reason Martin let in that short side cheezie
If you need air...call it in
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Building a new practice facility would help the team immensely . Going to cost the Aquilini group plenty but in the long run, one would think it would be worth it. A) Could be set up with all the amenities and facilitate all the team's needs. Everything from a practicing surface maybe two, physiotherapy availability, proper rooms for dining, various training facilities, classrooms, etc.
B) Anyone seen Scotia Barn by Canlan Sports, AKA Burnaby eight rinks.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 pm BTW Mick, did you ever apologize to the board for stating Demko was out of covid protocol yesterday? :eh:
Not gunna happen is it Mick? :scowl:

No one here makes anywhere near as many outrageous errors as you do

... and yet you never apologize for any of them.

This whole "Infoman" image you've been trying to establish, do you still think it's working buds?
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Garnet Hathaway and Jonah Gadjovich Post-Game Fight, Jan 26, 2022
Let Me Roll It.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:38 pm
Strangelove wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 3:00 pm BTW Mick, did you ever apologize to the board for stating Demko was out of covid protocol yesterday? :eh:
Absolutely I say sorry. Gone over the series of events several times and I can tell how it happened. Fact: I got it wrong.
"evolution"
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Micky wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 8:52 pm
Garnet Hathaway and Jonah Gadjovich Post-Game Fight, Jan 26, 2022
Let Me Roll It.
Miller for Gadjovich?
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Canucks PR @CanucksPR
Transactions: The Vancouver Canucks announce today that Thatcher Demko, Jaroslav Halak, and Conor Garland have been removed from COVID protocol. Demko will join the team in Calgary.
9:17 AM · Jan 27, 2022
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Looking at stats.
The Colorado Avalanche have 41 goals from their defense. The Vancouver Canucks have 7 from theirs.
Only partially fair because we seldom use two defense men on our PPs but that's still a mighty discrepancy.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:43 pm
Absolutely I say sorry. Gone over the series of events several times and I can tell how it happened. Fact: I got it wrong.
Attaboy Micky, took a while but you got there...
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Strangelove wrote: Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:08 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Jan 26, 2022 9:43 pm
Attaboy Micky, took a while but you got there...
We've had a breakthrough in group!
If you need air...call it in