Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP
Posts: 20823
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Ok fine then

:scowl:

Get your hopes up and prepare to have them dashed on the breakwater like popsicle sticks
If you need air...call it in
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 13846
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 10:21 am
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 9:59 pm [Brayden Schneider] is not a shitty skater at all. He's a defensively sound 20 yr old right now who will only get better and better. He would be a perfect top pairing piece to slide in opposite to Hughes

If the playoffs get out of reach this is the type of trade that would be realistically more likely to happen.
And their first.

JT, at a point per game pace, with a 5 million contact hit is worth a 1st, a middling roster player, and a good prospect.

Contenders are always looking for a 5ish million dollar guy who is playing 2-3 million above his cap hit. And they are usually willing to pay for it.
Maybe if we get a Patty Quinn 1991 special Cliff Ronning type deal aha.
March 1991, the Vancouver Canucks completed a six-player trade shipping out Garth Butcher and Dan Quinn to the St. Louis Blues for Geoff Courtnall, Robert Dirk, Sergio Momesso, Cliff Ronning, and a 1992 5th round pick.

Butcher had been with the Canucks for 10 seasons playing in 610 games racking up an impressive 1668 PIM. Quinn, meanwhile, was only with the Canucks for two seasons before he was shipped out having played 101 games scoring 83 points.

The trade brought the Canucks some offensive stars in Courtnall and Ronning.

Courtnall spent five years with the Canucks as an offensive star scoring 246 points in 292 games, while Ronning piled up 328 points in 266 games in Vancouver.

Sergio Momesso was around the Canucks for five seasons playing in 269 games scoring 141 points and totaling 655 PIM, while Dirk helped to fill the goon role totaling 401 PIM in 217 games.
Maybe if the team can get a top 6 winger, a righty 3rd line center and a top 4 righty dman type, that would fill a lot of the missing pieces the team needs.
Time to move some pieces to retool for 2024 contending.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 13846
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Florida Panthers interested in Chychrun.
Sportsnet’s Jeff Marek and Elliotte Friedman are both reporting that the Panthers could be serious players for defenseman Jakob Chychrun. Both note the team is a good defenseman away from being considered Stanley Cup contenders, Marek believes the Coyotes would want Spencer Knight, Anton Lundell and a first-round pick in return. Friedman acknowledged that was a hefty price to pay but the cost of adding that one piece they need, especially if they’re going all-in this season.
Spencer (name popular today) Knight, goalie prospect was a 2019 13th OA pick. Anton Lundell a top center rookie, a 2020 12th OA pick.

Rutherford, listening to what's out there, seeing if someone wants a solid hockey deal.
Canucks Listening on Trade Offers

According to Rick Dhaliwal of The Athletic, Canucks president of hockey operations Jim Rutherford mentioned that he is not really working the phones when it comes to trade options but is listening for sure. He noted, “I answer the phone, listen to people. When we hire a GM, we will have another voice which will be good.”

Dhaliwal also mentioned that the team’s GM search is getting closer. Rutherford said he is talking to lots of people and conducting lots of interviews. “I have narrowed it to maybe 5.”

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors ... y-21-2022/
Can't wait till we get a GM in place again.
Time to move some pieces to retool for 2024 contending.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP
Posts: 26813
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:50 pm Florida Panthers interested in Chychrun.
Sportsnet’s Jeff Marek and Elliotte Friedman are both reporting that the Panthers could be serious players for defenseman Jakob Chychrun. Both note the team is a good defenseman away from being considered Stanley Cup contenders, Marek believes the Coyotes would want Spencer Knight, Anton Lundell and a first-round pick in return. Friedman acknowledged that was a hefty price to pay but the cost of adding that one piece they need, especially if they’re going all-in this season.
Spencer (name popular today) Knight, goalie prospect was a 2019 13th OA pick. Anton Lundell a top center rookie, a 2020 12th OA pick.

Rutherford, listening to what's out there, seeing if someone wants a solid hockey deal.
Canucks Listening on Trade Offers

According to Rick Dhaliwal of The Athletic, Canucks president of hockey operations Jim Rutherford mentioned that he is not really working the phones when it comes to trade options but is listening for sure. He noted, “I answer the phone, listen to people. When we hire a GM, we will have another voice which will be good.”

Dhaliwal also mentioned that the team’s GM search is getting closer. Rutherford said he is talking to lots of people and conducting lots of interviews. “I have narrowed it to maybe 5.”

https://thehockeywriters.com/nhl-rumors ... y-21-2022/
Can't wait till we get a GM in place again.
Rutherford is more than capable of making a trade.
Eat my shorts
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
Posts: 17202
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Hockey Widow »

^^^^^

Ya, Rutherford is really saying no one has made any trade offers that he is interested in. Be clear if there was an offer that he thought was good for the team he wouldn't be waiting to fill the GM job.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 13846
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:52 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:50 pm Can't wait till we get a GM in place again.
Rutherford is more than capable of making a trade.
No doubt, but ya get the feeling he'd like to mentor his protégé on these potential TDD's, and get ready for the draft.

Patrik Allvin, Scott Mellanby, Sean Burke.

Erik Tulsky would be stupendous.
Tulsky has been with the Carolina Hurricanes for eight seasons so far, overseeing their analytics department. He’s an assistant general manager as well and again, a prospect in an excellent situation that could be hard to pry him from. He’s been publishing hockey analytics since 2011, including work at FiveThirtyEight and The Washington Post. Obviously, it’s easier to see the effect Tulsky has had on the Hurricanes than Mandrycky’s in Seattle. Carolina’s signings over the past decade have been about finding value that might be overlooked by “the eye test” – exactly what analytics does.

In both these cases, they would serve as a stylistic counter to a from-the-gut guy like Rutherford, something he’s said he has a preference for.
or Chris MacFarland
Chris MacFarland started his NHL career in 2000-01 as Director of Hockey Operations with the Columbus Blue Jackets. Being there from Day One is an experience on its own, but he remained with the club for 16 years. His resume there covered a lot of ground, from scouting – pro and amateur – to player contract negotiations to NHL collective bargaining liaison. He even took over as general manager of their AHL affiliate for two seasons before leaving to join the Colorado Avalanche.

He’s been one of General Manager Joe Sakic’s assistants for the past seven years. He’s continued building an excellent reputation there, even as the team itself has rebuilt itself into a powerhouse. He has loads of experience in multiple fields. He was there when a team was built from scratch. He’s helped another squad go from regularly missing the playoffs into the Colorado Avalanche. He is absolutely ready for the challenge if Rutherford taps him.
https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/202 ... l-manager/
Time to move some pieces to retool for 2024 contending.
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP
Posts: 26813
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 5:53 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:52 pm
SKYO wrote: Fri Jan 21, 2022 1:50 pm Can't wait till we get a GM in place again.
Rutherford is more than capable of making a trade.
No doubt, but ya get the feeling he'd like to mentor his protégé on these potential TDD's, and get ready for the draft.

Patrik Allvin, Scott Mellanby, Sean Burke.

Erik Tulsky would be stupendous.
Tulsky has been with the Carolina Hurricanes for eight seasons so far, overseeing their analytics department. He’s an assistant general manager as well and again, a prospect in an excellent situation that could be hard to pry him from. He’s been publishing hockey analytics since 2011, including work at FiveThirtyEight and The Washington Post. Obviously, it’s easier to see the effect Tulsky has had on the Hurricanes than Mandrycky’s in Seattle. Carolina’s signings over the past decade have been about finding value that might be overlooked by “the eye test” – exactly what analytics does.

In both these cases, they would serve as a stylistic counter to a from-the-gut guy like Rutherford, something he’s said he has a preference for.
or Chris MacFarland
Chris MacFarland started his NHL career in 2000-01 as Director of Hockey Operations with the Columbus Blue Jackets. Being there from Day One is an experience on its own, but he remained with the club for 16 years. His resume there covered a lot of ground, from scouting – pro and amateur – to player contract negotiations to NHL collective bargaining liaison. He even took over as general manager of their AHL affiliate for two seasons before leaving to join the Colorado Avalanche.

He’s been one of General Manager Joe Sakic’s assistants for the past seven years. He’s continued building an excellent reputation there, even as the team itself has rebuilt itself into a powerhouse. He has loads of experience in multiple fields. He was there when a team was built from scratch. He’s helped another squad go from regularly missing the playoffs into the Colorado Avalanche. He is absolutely ready for the challenge if Rutherford taps him.
https://lastwordonsports.com/hockey/202 ... l-manager/
Things are a lot more promising in Vancouver than they were 8 weeks ago. Purging out Elmer, Weisbrod, Green and Baumer is like the chef dumping his rotten sewer gas on a Saturday morning after his McDonald’s feast and cheap draft
Eat my shorts
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 13846
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

Only 2 goals allowed but Mike Sullivan has seen enough of Casey DeSmith and he's been pulled.

Jarry gets duties in net for 2 straight days.

(This isn't a long term sustainable solution, the Pens need to make a move.)

The fan base is calling out for the team to find some insurance. The last thing the Penguins want to see is Jarry taking a step back because he’s overplayed.

https://thehockeywriters.com/penguins-n ... by-malkin/
DeSmith + 4th for Halak.
Time to move some pieces to retool for 2024 contending.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 23688
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

So what exactly are the Arizona Coyotes trying achieve by trading Chychrun for picks and prospects, being forever lousy? Chychrun is a type of player you build around, he’s what 23-24 years old? It’s getting to the point where the League needs to step in.
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP
Posts: 26813
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:49 pm So what exactly are the Arizona Coyotes trying achieve by trading Chychrun for picks and prospects, being forever lousy? Chychrun is a type of player you build around, he’s what 23-24 years old? It’s getting to the point where the League needs to step in.
Maybe you and Gomer should step in.
Eat my shorts
User avatar
Mickey107
MVP
MVP
Posts: 18820
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 5:27 am
Location: Richmond, B.C.

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Mickey107 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:37 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:49 pm So what exactly are the Arizona Coyotes trying achieve by trading Chychrun for picks and prospects, being forever lousy? Chychrun is a type of player you build around, he’s what 23-24 years old? It’s getting to the point where the League needs to step in.
Maybe you and mick should step in.
Sahara dogs have been a disgrace to the league. The franchise should be moved. I like Arizona but it's been a disaster for ages. The look on the face of "The Great One", said it all long ago.
"evolution"
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 13846
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by SKYO »

AZ Coyotes are Gary Bettman's team, he went to bat for em for years...but he might lose em in the end to relocation to end the suffering.
Time to move some pieces to retool for 2024 contending.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 23688
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:37 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:49 pm So what exactly are the Arizona Coyotes trying achieve by trading Chychrun for picks and prospects, being forever lousy? Chychrun is a type of player you build around, he’s what 23-24 years old? It’s getting to the point where the League needs to step in.
Maybe you and Gomer should step in.
Doyle I know you’re a proponent of trading everything for draft picks and prospects but why not just keep Chychrun??? He’s young, he’s foundational, you need vets to mentor and bring these billions of picks and prospects along.
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP
Posts: 26813
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:27 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 1:37 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 6:49 pm So what exactly are the Arizona Coyotes trying achieve by trading Chychrun for picks and prospects, being forever lousy? Chychrun is a type of player you build around, he’s what 23-24 years old? It’s getting to the point where the League needs to step in.
Maybe you and Gomer should step in.
Doyle I know you’re a proponent of trading everything for draft picks and prospects but why not just keep Chychrun??? He’s young, he’s foundational, you need vets to mentor and bring these billions of picks and prospects along.
Lol I agree with you. I was fucking around. And no I am not an advocate for having only kids on the team. Not sure why you continue to push that narrative. I don’t think 15 mentors on a team is the way to build either. That was your thing. There’s a happy medium to be found re- veterans /placeholders. Elmer had way too many of them here.

The Yotes have a great building block in Chychrun. They should keep him. That roster is as ugly as Rosie O’Donnell in a thong sitting on Gomer’s face chomping on his cocktail weenie.
Eat my shorts
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 23688
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Chychrun would cost an arm and a leg but if the rumours are true that they are fielding offers for Crouse as well, I’d be looking into that. I’d move out futures for Crouse, he's only 24
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
Post Reply