Out of Town Scores - 2021-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Re: Out of Town Scores - 2021-22

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:42 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:28 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:07 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 3:19 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:39 am
Cousin Strawberry107 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 am the Genius goes on an impressive wheeling and dealing extravaganza where even seasoned hockey observers were taken aback with shock and awe at the skill at which he maneuvered through the rapids
When did this occur?
Shall I quote you also showering him in praise or....?
I’ve occasionally given Elms praise when he deserved it. It sounds like you are talking about him having some great off season or something…. When did that occur? If that’s what you’re talking about?
Last offseason when he wheeled, dealed and sealed up like 40 some odd transactions
How are those transactions working out for the team?
Once we got an NHL coach...not too shabbily
If you need air...call it in
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

^Was just going to say that.
Ya don't trade JT Miller! You just don't.

- Carl Yagro
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Carl Yagro wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:48 pm ^Was just going to say that.
Doyle's love for Rob Blake's giant man booty has clouded his vision
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Leaves were up 3-1 on the Rags after one.

Leaves lose 6-3.

Laugh?

Oh FUCK did I laugh.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
dangler
MVP
MVP

Post by dangler »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm
Cousin Strawberry107 wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:37 am the Genius goes on an impressive wheeling and dealing extravaganza where even seasoned hockey observers were taken aback with shock and awe at the skill at which he maneuvered through the rapids
When did this occur?
I’ve occasionally given Elms praise when he deserved it. It sounds like you are talking about him having some great off season or something…. When did that occur? If that’s what you’re talking about?
Last offseason when he wheeled, dealed and sealed up like 40 some odd transactions
i liked the majority of Jimbros moves last summer,the Hamonic one hasn't worked out so well, but overall he made some good moves.
I have more of an issue with the zero cap-space & re-upping of Green
Lowered expectations
SKYO
CC Legend

Post by SKYO »

leaves coach said they are soft and purposeless.
"We got exposed today for being a team that was just soft. Soft and purposeless."
https://www.thescore.com/news/2280653
Time to move some pieces to retool for 2024 contending.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

dangler wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:13 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:46 pm
When did this occur?
i liked the majority of Jimbros moves last summer,the Hamonic one hasn't worked out so well, but overall he made some good moves.
I have more of an issue with the zero cap-space & re-upping of Green
Zero cap space is on Ignitowski-period. Razor thin prospect pool is also his fault.

Not sure I liked the majority of his moves.

Garland for a 1st has been okay. But the kid Arizona picked looks damn good. Maybe a C+.

OEL at 7.2 for six years may not work out so well even though he’s looked okay to start. The three stooges are all up in a few months. Gonna need to see this play out a couple years. INC/ TBD

Poolman at 2.5 x 4 is a D. The guy is no better than Schenn or Burroughs. Terrible signing.

Halak with his bonus structure is another D. He’s played fine but Jesus Christ the bonus for next season? WTF?

Schenn and Burroughs at min $$ and tern is solid. Would have liked to have seen what Brady Keeper was capable of bringing.

Hamonic being brought back is another D. The guy is a thief.

Dowling, Chiasson over Mac and Gadjovich is another idiotic oversight.
Eat my shorts
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

SKYO wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:30 pm leaves coach said they are soft and purposeless.
"We got exposed today for being a team that was just soft. Soft and purposeless."
https://www.thescore.com/news/2280653
I could listen to leaf whiners all day. :D
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see Doyle is in a mood today. Friday can’t come fast enough
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I see Jack Quinn has scored his first NHL goal tonight. That’s more than I can say for his fellow draft class mate and 2nd overall pick - Quinton Byfield

Watch out for this Jack Quinn, the kid is a beaut.

I’m liking the outlook of the Sabres right now, picked up a couple good pieces and pucks for Eichel, Cozens is looking good, Power looks like a stud, Dahlin is coming around. Things are looking up there, finally
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

For all you Coiler fans out there, Florida is up 2-0 in the 2nd. And the implosion continues. I kinda can't wait for the talking heads to rip into them tomorrow.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

Tciso wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:16 pm For all you Coiler fans out there, Florida is up 2-0 in the 2nd. And the implosion continues. I kinda can't wait for the talking heads to rip into them tomorrow.
It’s gotten better! :D
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

6 - zip! :crazy: Maybe they have nothing left for Vancouver. Feisty game. Oilers are deplorable. Rather easy to cover a two player team.
"evolution"
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Not that I care... in fact, I'm more ambivalent about the Oilers imploding yet again. On the other hand, Leaves being soft and purposeless? It gives me great joy. :D

The Oil has had known goalie issues probably even before Chiarelli's time. Holland obviously hasn't addressed this at all and re-signing Smith was just a lazy and desperate move.

But when does Tippett and the players finally take responsibility instead of throwing Koskinen under the bus? Sure, he's a mediocre, overpaid backup, but he also has a winning 12-8 record as bad as the team has been in front of him recently. In fact, he's been better than the injury-prone Smith.

If the team in front of you can't and won't play D, and now they can't score even with the greatest* 2 players in the world... Georges Vezina in his prime wouldn't have won.
Ya don't trade JT Miller! You just don't.

- Carl Yagro
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

I’ve really just seen mostly highlights outside of when the Canucks play the Oil but their d-zone coverage is abysmal at best!

When they were playing early in the season they could out score this ineptitude but once the rest of the teams put together better systems they can defend their offence.

Until they fix the back end and their forwards defensive coverage they won’t be going anywhere. And this is nothing new!