Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21-22 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade Rumours & Armchair Pipe Dreams 20-21 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Aaronp18 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:12 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:07 pm If the return for JT can change the course of the franchise you have to pull the trigger.

Fleece someone and take some grade A prospects, young talent and high picks. Be fantastic to pillage the Rangers!

I’ve heard Mason McTavish’s name come up for JT. I’m listening if that’s the case.
Anaheim would be stupid trading McTavish. I’d do that in a heartbeat
The better the numbers JT puts up the more he’s going to demand.

Moving him could be a huge moment turning things and adding a lot of missing pieces.

I like JT a lot, but as has been mentioned we need to know what he’ll extend for. And his return could prove better for the long term viability of a Cup contender.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:14 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:13 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:09 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:06 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:59 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:57 pm Don’t eat that crap. San Remos or bust for pizza
So you went across the street to John’s Chicken instead?
Yes that must be it…. 😔
What’s wrong with John’s Chicken?
I don’t know. I had breaky at the pub and came home to pasta the wife cooked. You seem to think I inhaled greasy pizza and oily chicken for no reason. :mex:
What kind of pasta? Chef Boi RD? You came home to your wife in bed with the Chef?
The wife is half Dago/ half Czech, she knows her way around the kitchen. She would launch the bird legged Chef like a bad habit.
Eat my shorts
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I could see Florida making a pitch. Lundell in return?
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

As far as I’m concerned there isn’t one person that’s untouchable in our lineup! Quinn may be the closest.

Put all the players without NTCs or NMCs out there and see what teams will offer. Then ask for more.

Edit: lied, Demko is untouchable.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

If we end up a better stronger team because of whatever moves who will really care?

If we don’t though….. everybody cares…. ALOT
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I am happy that Rutherford and company are coming in and looking at this like a blank canvas. No ties to anyone.
Eat my shorts
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

rats19 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:24 pm If we end up a better stronger team because of whatever moves who will really care?

If we don’t though….. everybody cares…. ALOT
Absolutely rats, we need to fleece a team or two if some of our talent is going the other way to help a team potentially win a Cup.

Can’t be change for the sake of change. Have to be the right moves to help secure the future!
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:17 pm I like JT a lot, but as has been mentioned we need to know what he’ll extend for. And his return could prove better for the long term viability of a Cup contender.
There is absolutely no reason not to have a good sit down and talk to JT Miller about his future with the club and what he might be thinking.
Many, even most players wont have sit down chats. Everything has to go through their agents. Pretty sure Miller would give the club a very honest take.
"evolution"
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Micky wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:39 pm
Aaronp18 wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:17 pm I like JT a lot, but as has been mentioned we need to know what he’ll extend for. And his return could prove better for the long term viability of a Cup contender.
There is absolutely no reason not to have a good sit down and talk to JT Miller about his future with the club and what he might be thinking.
Many, even most players wont have sit down chats. Everything has to go through their agents. Pretty sure Miller would give the club a very honest take.
do keep us posted on how this goes Gomer107 :thumbs:
Eat my shorts
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Micky wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 7:39 pm
Yeah I’m pretty sure this was already said by a few people.

#breakingnews
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Vin Tanner wrote: Mon Jan 17, 2022 6:57 pm Don’t eat that crap. San Remos or bust for pizza
Did you know that San Remo’s is directly across the steer from Doyle’s slow pitch teams home field? He’d order the deluxe between innings and chase it down with Labbatts Blue.
“Throw a punch Horvat for fuck sakes. Trevor Linden all over again. Why can’t we ever have a hard nosed mean prick for a captain“ - Doyle
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 5:55 am
Did you know that San Remo’s is directly across the steer from Doyle’s slow pitch teams home field? He’d order the deluxe between innings and chase it down with Labbatts Blue.
:lol:

They would've delivered to their #1 customer deep into right field
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Yeah all the teams just play in lawn chairs and inhale pizza and guzzle old stock during the game in beer helmets. It’s a scene. Then some players get enraged and shit. :lol:
Eat my shorts
BCExpat
MVP
MVP

Post by BCExpat »

It has been almost 50 years since I've been to Vancouver, but I used to like Trocadero Pizza on the east side (I lived in Burnaby at the time while going to BCIT). Is it still good?
Whale Oil Beef Hooked
"When you come to a fork in the road, take it" - Yogi Berra
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Vin Tanner wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 7:35 am Yeah all the teams just play in lawn chairs and inhale pizza and guzzle old stock during the game in beer helmets. It’s a scene. Then some players get enraged and shit. :lol:
:lol:

Blobby...come on man...they don't call it beer league because y'all are fine tuned athletic specimens now do they
If you need air...call it in