2022 Draft Class

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

rikster
MVP
MVP

Re: 2022 Draft Class

Post by rikster »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:54 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 am One of Savoie or Wright please. Drive this season into the ditch. Burn down the front office in the off season. Start at the top. Hire a solid dude at the top as POHO. Let HIM build the new staff. Stay the fuck out of the way Fredo.

Maybe for optics fire Green and give Shaw or Cull the Moore’s card to get some new duds.

Take Elmer’s phone away.
Doyle I worry about that 2022 1st round pick with these owners. Would not be surprised to see it moved for help now.
Why would you settle for just 1 1st round pick?

Unless this season takes a 180 starting yesterday, surely they move a player or two for picks and prospects and unlike when Benning arrived this roster has some players who will fetch at least a 1st rounder...

Take care...
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rikster wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:53 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:54 am
Vin Tanner wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 8:52 am One of Savoie or Wright please. Drive this season into the ditch. Burn down the front office in the off season. Start at the top. Hire a solid dude at the top as POHO. Let HIM build the new staff. Stay the fuck out of the way Fredo.

Maybe for optics fire Green and give Shaw or Cull the Moore’s card to get some new duds.

Take Elmer’s phone away.
Doyle I worry about that 2022 1st round pick with these owners. Would not be surprised to see it moved for help now.
Why would you settle for just 1 1st round pick?

Unless this season takes a 180 starting yesterday, surely they move a player or two for picks and prospects and unlike when Benning arrived this roster has some players who will fetch at least a 1st rounder...

Take care...
I don’t think they are going to let Elmer make any big moves.

I agree though…. guys like Horvat, Miller or Boeser could return a bounty if ever placed on the trading block.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

It’s similar to Colorado’s nosedive and subsequent mini rebuild, they sell off duchene and ror and a few others and grab some top tier young talent. I think it’s apparent any coaching change now is gonna be too late to make a difference. Now is the time to decide who to keep around as the senior leaders (ala landeskog) and sell off the “losers”. Miller and bo could each fetch a first rounder plus top tier prospect. Transition the core to pod (who’s looking like an absolute stud), hoglander, Hughes, garland and oel. Those are the guys that actually give a shit out there. What’s kinda funny though is if this is what’s done I’d rather have benning making these picks and moves than a new guy.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

If there is a toxicity in the room they need to jettison it asap so it doesn’t infect Pod, Hog, Dem, Petey and Hughes. Those 5 are your core moving forward. Petey isn’t a problem, he’s in a rut, the kid has too much talent and smarts to give up on.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:16 am If there is a toxicity in the room they need to jettison it asap so it doesn’t infect Pod, Hog, Dem, Petey and Hughes. Those 5 are your core moving forward. Petey isn’t a problem, he’s in a rut, the kid has too much talent and smarts to give up on.
I wonder if bo has been too long on a losing team, same with Brock. Too much complacency.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:16 am If there is a toxicity in the room they need to jettison it asap so it doesn’t infect Pod, Hog, Dem, Petey and Hughes. Those 5 are your core moving forward. Petey isn’t a problem, he’s in a rut, the kid has too much talent and smarts to give up on.
Except for Petey. He's not a core piece. There's something there that screams elite support player, but not leadership quality.

Hughes as well is an elite talent but doesn't strike me as being a leader.
rikster
MVP
MVP

Post by rikster »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:30 am It’s similar to Colorado’s nosedive and subsequent mini rebuild, they sell off duchene and ror and a few others and grab some top tier young talent. I think it’s apparent any coaching change now is gonna be too late to make a difference. Now is the time to decide who to keep around as the senior leaders (ala landeskog) and sell off the “losers”. Miller and bo could each fetch a first rounder plus top tier prospect. Transition the core to pod (who’s looking like an absolute stud), hoglander, Hughes, garland and oel. Those are the guys that actually give a shit out there. What’s kinda funny though is if this is what’s done I’d rather have benning making these picks and moves than a new guy.
In a way, the longer the team struggles the less the pressure to make any changes this season…

One of the questions likely being discussed at the management/ownership level is are they already out of the playoffs and if so why not let it just play out and take a high first round pick at the draft and sell off some assets during the season to obtain more picks?

Make any major changes to the roster or front office during the offseason before the draft and free agency,,,

Wouldn’t it be ironic in a very good way if this is the year that they finally get the first overall?

Take care…
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Mëds wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 4:31 pm
Except for Petey. He's not a core piece. There's something there that screams elite support player, but not leadership quality.

Hughes as well is an elite talent but doesn't strike me as being a leader.
Chill, Mëds…chill
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 2:58 pm
I wonder if bo has been too long on a losing team, same with Brock. Too much complacency.
The McNabb hit on Podkolzin with OEL jumping in and Bo not caring (he was the closest teammate of Podkolzin to the hit) was sadly very eye opening for me when it comes to our “captain”

There’s poor examples in that room right now, yes good guys like Trevor Linden good guys but who the fuck cares about “good guys”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

rikster wrote: Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:22 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Sat Nov 27, 2021 10:30 am It’s similar to Colorado’s nosedive and subsequent mini rebuild, they sell off duchene and ror and a few others and grab some top tier young talent. I think it’s apparent any coaching change now is gonna be too late to make a difference. Now is the time to decide who to keep around as the senior leaders (ala landeskog) and sell off the “losers”. Miller and bo could each fetch a first rounder plus top tier prospect. Transition the core to pod (who’s looking like an absolute stud), hoglander, Hughes, garland and oel. Those are the guys that actually give a shit out there. What’s kinda funny though is if this is what’s done I’d rather have benning making these picks and moves than a new guy.
In a way, the longer the team struggles the less the pressure to make any changes this season…

One of the questions likely being discussed at the management/ownership level is are they already out of the playoffs and if so why not let it just play out and take a high first round pick at the draft and sell off some assets during the season to obtain more picks?

Make any major changes to the roster or front office during the offseason before the draft and free agency,,,

Wouldn’t it be ironic in a very good way if this is the year that they finally get the first overall?

Take care…
The Canucks will never draft 1st overall as long as the universe exists, get over yourself
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

They do look primed to get a top 5 pick this season though. Top 2 would be ideal but it’s a very good top 5
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

I agree, but the stars will never align for us to land the 1st overall. It’s the just how it is with the Canucks

That being said don’t get too cozy with our 2022 1st round pick, it could be dealt
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I doubt that at this point. They aren’t going to hamstring a new GM coming in with no first rounder.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The owners will force the trade
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Can't see it. They have no space to add salary anyway so if move is to be made it'll be a roster player
If you need air...call it in