Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

theman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2335
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by theman »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:29 pm I recall Canucks fans being so glad we picked Hodgson over Beach for years after the draft... even after we traded Stumpy.

I don't know if Beach was ever a good player or not, but I can't stop wondering now if the Blackhawks didn't ruin his chances of playing in the NHL.
I remember hoping they would draft him. My guess is that this did ruin his career. Hope he is feeling better now, watching the interview now.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:23 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Curmudgeon »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:29 pm I recall Canucks fans being so glad we picked Hodgson over Beach for years after the draft... even after we traded Stumpy.

I don't know if Beach was ever a good player or not, but I can't stop wondering now if the Blackhawks didn't ruin his chances of playing in the NHL.
I remember being disappointed the Canucks didn't pick Beach and actually actively followed him, hoping he may land here at some point and emerge as an NHLer. Now we know a major reason why it didn't work out for him. What a horrible situation for the guy. Quenneville and Cheveldayoff should be fired and the league needs to also hold Fehr, the NHLPA, and any players still playing who lied about knowing or worse, taunted, Beach accountable.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 2335
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 2:51 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by theman »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:57 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:29 pm I recall Canucks fans being so glad we picked Hodgson over Beach for years after the draft... even after we traded Stumpy.

I don't know if Beach was ever a good player or not, but I can't stop wondering now if the Blackhawks didn't ruin his chances of playing in the NHL.
I remember being disappointed the Canucks didn't pick Beach and actually actively followed him, hoping he may land here at some point and emerge as an NHLer. Now we know a major reason why it didn't work out for him. What a horrible situation for the guy. Quenneville and Cheveldayoff should be fired and the league needs to also hold Fehr, the NHLPA, and any players still playing who lied about knowing or worse, taunted, Beach accountable.
watching the Duncan Keith interview now. He literally squirmed when told the Sopel and Boynton quote of "everyone knew." He says that he never knew and never heard any homophobic comments to Beach.
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:23 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Curmudgeon »

theman wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:01 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:57 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:29 pm I recall Canucks fans being so glad we picked Hodgson over Beach for years after the draft... even after we traded Stumpy.

I don't know if Beach was ever a good player or not, but I can't stop wondering now if the Blackhawks didn't ruin his chances of playing in the NHL.
I remember being disappointed the Canucks didn't pick Beach and actually actively followed him, hoping he may land here at some point and emerge as an NHLer. Now we know a major reason why it didn't work out for him. What a horrible situation for the guy. Quenneville and Cheveldayoff should be fired and the league needs to also hold Fehr, the NHLPA, and any players still playing who lied about knowing or worse, taunted, Beach accountable.
watching the Duncan Keith interview now. He literally squirmed when told the Sopel and Boynton quote of "everyone knew." He says that he never knew and never heard any homophobic comments to Beach.
The look of a guilty man with a guilty conscience.
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6701
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Carl Yagro »

They ALL knew.

Keith seems like the kind of guy who would lead the homophobic chants.

Now that John Doe has identified himself, I hope Sopel and Boynton will come out and argue that in fact, the whole organization knew.

I bet Coach Q and Chevy are sweating bullets right now...
Focus on the NOW
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1118
Joined: Sun Jun 07, 2020 11:23 am

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Curmudgeon »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:26 pm They ALL knew.

Keith seems like the kind of guy who would lead the homophobic chants.

Now that John Doe has identified himself, I hope Sopel and Boynton will come out and argue that in fact, the whole organization knew.

I bet Coach Q and Chevy are sweating bullets right now...
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that came out. Him and Dave Bolland, perhaps.
User avatar
Vin Tanner
MVP
MVP
Posts: 24550
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Vin Tanner »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:26 pm They ALL knew.

Keith seems like the kind of guy who would lead the homophobic chants.

Now that John Doe has identified himself, I hope Sopel and Boynton will come out and argue that in fact, the whole organization knew.

I bet Coach Q and Chevy are sweating bullets right now...
This is crazy. Talk about a cover up job.
“Cap space doesn’t matter” - Idiots

“We need some depth on this team”- Bo Horvat

This is a split sig for those that don’t quite get it.
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6701
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Carl Yagro »

What's crazy is that the organization did all that to protect a lowly video coach over their 1st round pick?

Do some league and NHLPA executives step down too? The Blackhawks let a predator go to prey on kids. Something should have been done in 2013 after Aldrich got arrested.
Focus on the NOW
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 13781
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper »

Burnaby Joe knows how to remain silent
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22362
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Toews has come out and said he first heard about the incident a year after it happened, nice Captain work there Johnny, team leader extraordinaire.
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Todd Bersnoozi
CC Legend
Posts: 3044
Joined: Wed Oct 12, 2005 4:14 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

I find this story rather odd. I mean Kyle Beach was a power forward type who racked up the PIMs in juniors. He was pretty much an adult when he entered the Hawks organization (not some 15 year old kid leaving home to play in juniors), one would think he can give the video coach the beat down if the guy tried anything inappropriate.
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 13165
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by SKYO »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:48 pm
Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:26 pm They ALL knew.

Keith seems like the kind of guy who would lead the homophobic chants.

Now that John Doe has identified himself, I hope Sopel and Boynton will come out and argue that in fact, the whole organization knew.

I bet Coach Q and Chevy are sweating bullets right now...
Wouldn't surprise me one bit if that came out. Him and Dave Bolland, perhaps.
Most people assume it's Andrew Shaw.

https://twitter.com/ChirpFestHky/status ... 16385?s=20

He was suspended for game 5 after that.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."
User avatar
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP
Posts: 6701
Joined: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:33 pm
Location: On wide shoulders...

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Carl Yagro »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:32 pm Toews has come out and said he first heard about the incident a year after it happened, nice Captain work there Johnny, team leader extraordinaire.
The entire organization didn't seem to know :roll:

So Toews heard about it in 2011... but still nobody said or do anything after Aldrich got sentenced in 2013.

Now the leaders of the team like Keith and Kane still insist they didn't know or hear anything... including all the bullying and taunting of Beach on the ice or in the dressing room?!

That's accountability, folks!

Don Fehr just gave a half-hearted apology. Isn't he the head of the PA? Who else in the league offices will be apologizing in the next few days? I'm sure they'll all keep their jobs after.
Focus on the NOW
User avatar
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP
Posts: 22362
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Carl Yagro wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:13 pm
Chef Boi RD wrote: Wed Oct 27, 2021 9:32 pm Toews has come out and said he first heard about the incident a year after it happened, nice Captain work there Johnny, team leader extraordinaire.
The entire organization didn't seem to know :roll:

So Toews heard about it in 2011... but still nobody said or do anything after Aldrich got sentenced in 2013.

Now the leaders of the team like Keith and Kane still insist they didn't know or hear anything... including all the bullying and taunting of Beach on the ice or in the dressing room?!

That's accountability, folks!

Don Fehr just gave a half-hearted apology. Isn't he the head of the PA? Who else in the league offices will be apologizing in the next few days? I'm sure they'll all keep their jobs after.
The whole lot of them are in backpedaling damage control mode right now. There is no winning here, the first of them that stands up and takes accountability, ownership for their actions or lack thereof, I will stand up and clap cause that’s all I want, is humanity to finally admit how much of an asshole they were, how they let down an 18 year old teammate and then piled on him. The more they backpedal the more you realize they still don’t give a fuck.

John Doe (Kyle Beach) - “recalled that during the training camp, multiple players called John Doe derogatory words and asked if John Doe missed his boyfriend - Brad”

Disgusting, hang your head high Toews, Kane, Sharp, Keith, Seabrook, Bolland etc., be proud

Always thought it was peculiar why Beach who was drafted just after Cody Hodgson fell off the face of the earth. Pretty much explains why, kids dream shattered at the onset
“Benning should fired for not drafting Jack Wise” - Doyle Hargraves
User avatar
Topper
CC Legend
Posts: 13781
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2004 8:11 pm
Location: Earth, most days.

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Topper »

No one else thinks Beach is just a whiney jilted gay lover.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
Post Reply