Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News n Notes 21-22

Post by Carl Yagro »

I thought son of Joseph was way better in every aspect than Highmore in preseason. Better PKer, better forechecker, better defensively, grittier and more physical.

But what the hell do I know? I'm not the coach. But I would have spelled Chiasson correctly on his jersey if I was the equipment manager.
Retool, Rebuild, Repeat...
Curmudgeon
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Curmudgeon »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 12:28 pm
Curmudgeon wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 7:36 pm
He's looked fine, no issue with him at all, plus he's a local kid. Bowey definitely earned another shot though, and that's a good problem to have.
What did you see in Bowey??

I saw a guy with questionable work ethic, average skating, average fitness, average passing and poor decision making…
I hope he rips it up in Abby, but he was outplayed at camp and deserved to get sent down.
I thought Bowey and Rathbone looked pretty good together, his skating was fine, and he appeared to play a more conservative game than I expected, understanding his partner is a rookie and needed more of a defensively stable partner. He was more reserved than he likely would have been if he was paired with a defense first guy, which is what they needed from him under the circumstances, and I was actually pleasantly surprised because I had written him off. The guy who got outplayed was Schenn, but obviously he isn't going anywhere.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Burroughs has the quick first step that the others lack. Plus he finishes his checks.

Neither Bowie or Schenn are as good
If you need air...call it in
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Hamonic has been suspended without pay by the Canucks. His 3 million cap hit is, for now, completely off the books.

https://twitter.com/ThomasDrance/status ... 5524454402
Micky
MVP
MVP

Post by Micky »

theman wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:46 am Hamonic has been suspended without pay by the Canucks. His 3 million cap hit is, for now, completely off the books.

.....Finally! Some room to breath.
"evolution is happening now."
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Micky wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:56 am
theman wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:46 am Hamonic has been suspended without pay by the Canucks. His 3 million cap hit is, for now, completely off the books.

I wonder, someone who understands the CBA better than I do please comment, would this be the first step to allowing the Canucks to terminate his contract without any cap penalties?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

theman wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:02 am

I wonder, someone who understands the CBA better than I do please comment, would this be the first step to allowing the Canucks to terminate his contract without any cap penalties?
I think at this point they can if they want too. Pretty sure this is what happened with bogosian a couple of years ago, and what I thought would happen with Louie.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:08 am

I think at this point they can if they want too. Pretty sure this is what happened with bogosian a couple of years ago, and what I thought would happen with Louie.
So, apparently Green has said in a press conference today that Hamonic has not been suspended. Does that mean he has retired? Apparently the Canucks will be issuing a statement later today in regards to Hamonic.
theman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by theman »

theman wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:03 pm

So, apparently Green has said in a press conference today that Hamonic has not been suspended. Does that mean he has retired? Apparently the Canucks will be issuing a statement later today in regards to Hamonic.
So, this is the statement, how does this change what has been released before, if at all? Okay, I do hope he gets whatever help he needs.

Also curiously, what does this mean to their cap situation? Will this be similar to the Carey Price situation in Montreal?

Edit:

apparently this is procedural and it does remove his 3 million cap hit until he reports to the team.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

I think at this point they can if they want too. Pretty sure this is what happened with bogosian a couple of years ago
I think you're right.

Jimmy is showing a lot of patience and humanity so far.

But I think, if he chooses, he could at some point issue an ultimatum:

Report or have your contract terminated.

At some point you want to use that capspace for Hamonic or someone else.

Jimmy ended up with more LTIR room today by not making this move earlier.

I knew he was up to something. :wink:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Now we know what they meant when they said Hambone is a stay at home defensemen. :mrgreen:
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Lol

So, now they could conceivably go looking for a 4th liner that can tilt and skate. Would have been nice to have some pushback when Garland was getting thugged the other night.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
JelloPuddingPop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by JelloPuddingPop »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:35 pm Now we know what they meant when they said Hambone is a stay at home defensemen. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol:
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Strangelove wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 1:35 pm Now we know what they meant when they said Hambone is a stay at home defensemen. :mrgreen:
:lol: :lol: :lol:
el rey del mambo
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Haha fuck that's a gooder
If you need air...call it in