Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Per
MVP
MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Per »

Mëds wrote:
Per wrote:Forsling is having a great season, playing some solid D, and is part of why Linköping is currently in third place in the SHL standings.

He just made the cut for the national team, Tre Kronor. Sure, at this point it's just a couple of friendlies, but you can see it as an audition for making the roster on the team we send to the world championships this spring.
http://www.svt.se/sport/ishockey/succej ... re-kronor/

I think it may be too early to write him off. :mex:
Wow. He's helped them to 3rd place!!!!!

INCREDIBLE!!!

Is that 3rd out of all 14 teams too? :P

And are they chasing down 2nd and 1st, or are they at least 13 points back?
Yeah, third out of fourteenth, and Frölunda and Skellefteå have managed to get a gap between them and the rest. Sure. :scowl:

But he has 16 Points in 35 games, which is half decent for a blueliner, and as questionable as the +/-stat is, he is +20 after 35 games, which is the best +/- on the team and fifth best in the league. He has been on the ice for 34 goals for and only 14 goals against (at even strength).

The fact that he now gets to play a couple of games with the national team shows that the leaders within Swedish hockey believe in him. Just saying.

Of course, that doesn't mean he'll be the next Lidström or Erik Karlsson. It just means that people on this side of the Atlantic still think he has potential to be a great blueliner, and that he is among the six or eight best ones available when not using those already employed by the NHL or KHL.

Typically the best Swedish D-men tend to do rather well in the NHL.
Whatever you do, always give 100 %!
Except when donating blood.
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

Forsling plays fifteen minutes a game, behind four other defensemen including Daniel Rahimi, so splitting hairs about Linkopings position in the standings probably isn't particularly useful.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Sestito signs two way deal with penguins...WTF He gonna learn us a lesson now :crazy:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

rats19 wrote:Sestito signs two way deal with penguins...WTF He gonna learn us a lesson now :crazy:
Looks like enforcers are back in business. Every team is going to try to find a MVP John Scott clone to cave-in faces and dominate 3-on-3 :lol:
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 19 People!
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

rats19 wrote:Sestito signs two way deal with penguins...WTF He gonna learn us a lesson now :crazy:

Sestito placed on waivers. I guess they just needed to get the contract done so he is eligible for post season :mrgreen:

He needs to get into game shape. But wonder why they just didn't give him an AHL contract.
The only HW the Canucks need
Todd Bersnoozi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Todd Bersnoozi »

Rumsfeld wrote:Scott is entered in the hardest shot and shot accuracy competitions.

They should've thrown him in the fastest skater competition. :D
Next season @ the all-star competition, they should build a machine with big mats (kind of like that boxing punching ball @ the arcades), so that it can read the player with the hardest body check. :lol:
dbr
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by dbr »

Todd Bersnoozi wrote:
Rumsfeld wrote:Scott is entered in the hardest shot and shot accuracy competitions.

They should've thrown him in the fastest skater competition. :D
Next season @ the all-star competition, they should build a machine with big mats (kind of like that boxing punching ball @ the arcades), so that it can read the player with the hardest body check. :lol:
For how well that would measure checking ability, they might as well mic up the glass and see who makes it rattle the best.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

Things just keep getting better for John Scott.

First Twitterverse demanded that St. Johns changes their Twitter account to St. John Scotts. They gave in and did.

Now word is out that he is being offered movie and book deals. His agent is working on it.

Having two little girls with twin boys due any second he sure can use that new vehicle and more income options. The hockey lifespan of a John Scott isn't very long. I used to hate the guy, now I think he i like him. Not enough mind you to see Benning Ho out and trade for him. Nashville should though. It may draw fans.
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Hockey Widow wrote:Things just keep getting better for John Scott.

First Twitterverse demanded that St. Johns changes their Twitter account to St. John Scotts. They gave in and did.

Now word is out that he is being offered movie and book deals. His agent is working on it.

Having two little girls with twin boys due any second he sure can use that new vehicle and more income options. The hockey lifespan of a John Scott isn't very long. I used to hate the guy, now I think he i like him. Not enough mind you to see Benning Ho out and trade for him. Nashville should though. It may draw fans.
Good for him, but $$ should not be an issue. He's made a over $4 mil playing hockey already. Even if he only kept half, he should be set.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Justin Schultz didn't skate today. Wonder if he is moving???
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Jovocop
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Jovocop »

Tciso wrote:Justin Schultz didn't skate today. Wonder if he is moving???
Prust on waivers... making cap room for... Hmm... :mrgreen:
tyhee
AHL Prospect

Post by tyhee »

Jovocop wrote:
Making a roster space for Henrik. Assuming Prust clears, it would be nice if he cleared cap room but the $950K that the Canucks can bury in Utica is only about $100K more than the Canucks are spending on Etem, whose pickup might be considered to be the move that eventually resulted in there no longer being room for Prust on the roster.
Hockey Widow
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Hockey Widow »

tyhee wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
Making a roster space for Henrik. Assuming Prust clears, it would be nice if he cleared cap room but the $950K that the Canucks can bury in Utica is only about $100K more than the Canucks are spending on Etem, whose pickup might be considered to be the move that eventually resulted in there no longer being room for Prust on the roster.

Well that is exactly it. Although they had had discussions with the Rangers for about a month prior to making the move when it came together it happened quickly. The other factor is that Vey was recalled and he has been ok especially with Etem. That puts Cracknell at risk next.

When Hamhuis is activated I assume Weber will be the casualty.
Rumsfeld
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Rumsfeld »

Hey stick around new guy. I promise we'll be nice for the first week. :D
Chairman of the Jim Benning Appreciation Society
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

tyhee wrote:
Jovocop wrote:
I believe I read that somewhere.
Topper wrote:
TDA Rum wrote:Brandon Prust put on waivers today...
With the descision to keep Jake and Jared out of camp, there has been a log jam at forward position since the beginning. Initially it was accounted for by the Higgins injury and then the Sutter injury. the addition of Etem bumped Higgins and Sutter's return, along with Henrik's return from a short absence, bumps Prust.

#Placeholder #Benning is a genius.
Makes one Pause r for a moment and think of Pratt.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.