Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks News N Notes 2020-2021

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:13 pm Vegas fans and media widely credited the return of Schmidt last year to them regaining their jam. They were 4 games under .500 after that 20 game suspension then they immediately turned on the jets upon his return going 14 games over .500 over the remaining 62. He was a +22 over that stretch. Hes a career +88 which is somewhat indicative of him being an elite-as-fuck defensman.

As an aside, until the Boos found lightning in a bottle the year they won it all, they were a mediocre underacheiving group that was pretty close to losing one or more of their top dmen. Remove that stretch from late january til they hoisted the cup, they sucked. Petro was a massive part of that suckage

This is more of what Vegas will be getting IMO. Their reign is ova
I agree, Petro got his cup, he has his payday I expect a fall off in play and a divided lockerroom.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:57 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 1:13 pm Vegas fans and media widely credited the return of Schmidt last year to them regaining their jam. They were 4 games under .500 after that 20 game suspension then they immediately turned on the jets upon his return going 14 games over .500 over the remaining 62. He was a +22 over that stretch. Hes a career +88 which is somewhat indicative of him being an elite-as-fuck defensman.

As an aside, until the Boos found lightning in a bottle the year they won it all, they were a mediocre underacheiving group that was pretty close to losing one or more of their top dmen. Remove that stretch from late january til they hoisted the cup, they sucked. Petro was a massive part of that suckage

This is more of what Vegas will be getting IMO. Their reign is ova
I agree, Petro got his cup, he has his payday I expect a fall off in play and a divided lockerroom.
No doubt. Cancerous player. Can’t believe the mouth breathers running Team Canada would ever choose a scrub like that to represent the country multiple times. He’s another Loui Eriksson in all likelihood :roll:
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 2:51 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:24 am Pietrangelo is 30 years old and signed a seven year deal. He’ll be damn good for most if not all of it. He will be 37 when the deal is up. By comparison look at Shea Weber and Ryan Suter at 35, Alex Edler at 34, Mark Giordano at 37 all still playing very good hockey. I’d be more worried about Tyler Myers’s play not falling off a cliff.
Why would Tyler’s play fall off? Is it because he’s a benning guy? Or are you just talking out your butt?
Why would Petro’s play fall off? Is that because he plays on a different team? Or is that you talking to your own shit stained, corn riddled fingers rammed god knows where?
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:09 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:24 am Pietrangelo is 30 years old and signed a seven year deal. He’ll be damn good for most if not all of it. He will be 37 when the deal is up. By comparison look at Shea Weber and Ryan Suter at 35, Alex Edler at 34, Mark Giordano at 37 all still playing very good hockey. I’d be more worried about Tyler Myers’s play not falling off a cliff.
Why would Tyler’s play fall off? Is it because he’s a benning guy? Or are you just talking out your butt?
Why would Petro’s play fall off? Is that because he plays on a different team? Or is that you talking to your own shit stained, corn riddled fingers rammed god knows where?
For every Weber and giordano you got a karlsson and doughty.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Karlsson has been mangled by injuries and Doughty is doughy and the team has been a garbage fire the last few years.

I just find it funny the need to fire bricks at a guy who has been a top 5 or 10 D man for six or seven years and represents his country whenever he can. Can’t just be happy that the Canucks got Schmidt, but need to crap on a guy anyone would have signed had the cap space been available
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Two of the dmen you named will be 40 when their contracts are up.

One will be 35, two will be 37, and the other will be 38.

And yet you conclude Myers, who will be 34, is the one who is most likely to see his play decline of the bunch.

You're a wild and crazy guy Doylie Boy!
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:25 pm
Two of the dmen you named will be 40 when their contracts are up.

One will be 35, two will be 37, and the other will be 38.

And yet you conclude Myers, who will be 34, is the one who is most likely to see his play decline of the bunch.

You're a wild and crazy guy Doylie Boy!
I was commenting on those players playing ability while currently in their mid 30s. Thought that was pretty clear..... I guess not for some. Petro is 30 and his deal will be done at 37. Those guys are ALL still playing well approaching or at that age.

I never concluded anything about Myers, just said I’d be more worried about his play cratering than Pietrangelo’s. Petro is and always has been a far superior player.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:31 pm I was commenting on those players playing ability while currently in their mid 30s. Thought that was pretty clear..... I guess not for some.
No you were not doing that.

You were responding to Dickie saying "That (Petro) contract is gonna haunt them (Vegas)"

Let's take a look at the chain:
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:24 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 10:12 am
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 9:12 am Lol I think the Knights did ok with Pietrangelo
That contract is gonna haunt them, he was decent against us in the playoffs but he wasn’t a game breaker. I think vegas pulled the trigger on him to try and improve there handedness, they were similar to us in that they had way too many lefties.
Pietrangelo is 30 years old and signed a seven year deal. He’ll be damn good for most if not all of it. He will be 37 when the deal is up. By comparison look at Shea Weber and Ryan Suter at 35, Alex Edler at 34, Mark Giordano at 37 all still playing very good hockey. I’d be more worried about Tyler Myers’s play not falling off a cliff.
As per your pattern Mr Hargraves, you just moved the goalposts while falsely accusing others of not paying attention.

If you realize you're doing that... you're just an asshole.

If you don't realize you're doing that... you may be in dire need of electroshock therapy.
____
Try to focus on someday.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:16 pm
For every Weber and giordano you got a karlsson and doughty. + Subban.
Petro's play won't fall off, but in this new flat cap era for his play, he's slightly overpaid (pk subban money) and now Vegas has to dump significant players to reach under the cap. I wanted Petro as a UFA before - but that was pre-covid and pre-flat-cap era, where there was more cap space likely avail.
...As an aside, career 60pt guy Stone is hella overpaid @ $9.5M! AAV!
Last edited by SKYO on Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

@ the troll I didn’t move any goalposts you fucking cunt.

Learn to read.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Just as I suspected...

____
Try to focus on someday.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:50 pm @ the troll I didn’t move any goalposts you fucking cunt.

Learn to read.
:lol:
If you need air...call it in
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:32 pm
Doyle Hargraves wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 3:50 pm @ the troll I didn’t move any goalposts you fucking cunt.

Learn to read.
:lol:
____
Try to focus on someday.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

So Jan 13th.... when does camp start?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

rats19 wrote: Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:08 pm So Jan 13th.... when does camp start?
Supposed to be just after new years and be like a week and a half. No exhibition games
If you need air...call it in