NHL business

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Re: NHL business

Post by 5thhorseman »

Micky wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:48 am
Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli
Lots discussed on the NHLPA Exec Board call today, much of which is still in discussion/negotiation with the NHL.

Talk of expanded rosters, from 23 to 26, with 4 additional taxi squad members for total of 30. Taxi squad could earn AHL salary but receive NHL benefits and per diem.
4:04 PM · Dec 8, 2020 ..LINK
A little tricky posturing will have to be done for some teams up against the cap, (ahem), to carry 3 extra players regularly. Would an allowance be made?

I think the idea of the 4 taxi squad players is a good one. If the Utica Comets have a regular season, don't see how it can be in Utica. Not only because of BC's 14 day quarantine period but I think things are worse that neck of the wood anyways. Much to be worked out for sure.

Question; With all these, (potentially), extra players waiting around, practicing, working hard, spending time with the coaches.........
Would a regular take it to his finest level or start squeezing the stick and stink the place out? Ah well, guess competition is a good thing.
Could you demote the Air Thief to the taxi squad, save some cap room, yet it will be palatable as you're not forcing a vet to ride the bus in the AHL?
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Micky wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:48 am If the Utica Comets have a regular season, don't see how it can be in Utica. Not only because of BC's 14 day quarantine period but I think things are worse that neck of the wood anyways.
In his very next tweet, minutes later, your man Seravalli says:

"CGY, EDM and VAN plan to leave their AHL teams in United States for 20-21 season"

Also, one of the main reasons for having a taxi squad is to deal with the issue of "quarantine periods".
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Strangelove wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 1:28 pm
Micky wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 12:48 am If the Utica Comets have a regular season, don't see how it can be in Utica. Not only because of BC's 14 day quarantine period but I think things are worse that neck of the wood anyways.
In his very next tweet, minutes later, your man Seravalli says:

"CGY, EDM and VAN plan to leave their AHL teams in United States for 20-21 season"

Also, one of the main reasons for having a taxi squad is to deal with the issue of "quarantine periods".
Frank Seravalli @frank_seravalli
All of that is to say ... nothing has really been decided yet. But these are some of the things they’ve been talking about.
As you were. ..L
4:14 PM · Dec 8, 2020
LOL, as you were.
"evolution"
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
Not finalized yet, and still subject to change, but the 2020-21 four-division re-alignment currently looks like this according to sources:

Bos--Buf--NJ--NYI--NYR--Pha--Pgh--Was

Car--CBJ--Det--Chi-Fla--Min--Nas--TB

Ana--Ari--Col--Dal--LA--SJ--STL--VGK

All-Canadian teams
1:01 PM · Dec 9, 2020·
Link .I am guilty of defacing the tweet by adding extra dashes. sorry.
"evolution"
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

:crazy:
Micky wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:34 pm I am guilty of defacing the tweet by adding extra dashes. sorry.
That's okay, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

:look:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

Micky wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 3:34 pm
Pierre LeBrun @PierreVLeBrun
Not finalized yet, and still subject to change, but the 2020-21 four-division re-alignment currently looks like this according to sources:

Bos--Buf--NJ--NYI--NYR--Pha--Pgh--Was

Car--CBJ--Det--Chi-Fla--Min--Nas--TB

Ana--Ari--Col--Dal--LA--SJ--STL--VGK

All-Canadian teams
1:01 PM · Dec 9, 2020·
Link .I am guilty of defacing the tweet by adding extra dashes. sorry.
Gonna miss playing the California teams and Arizona. VGK, Dal, StL, and Col are already locked into the top four. President’s trophy should come out of that division.

Probably TB, Nas, CBJ and Car in the central/south division, but at least there will be a little competition, not nearly as bad as the west.

The East/Metro division is the group of death.
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Jets/Habs/Sens fans are pretty chill.

All I know is I hope you CC brethren got your chirp game strong in this new Canadian Division, you think the leaves/Canucks, Oilers/Canucks, Flames/Canucks hate was bad before? this 2021 is gonna be insanity. Especially that first Canucks vs Flames game lol.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

SKYO wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:39 pm Jets/Habs/Sens fans are pretty chill.

All I know is I hope you CC brethren got your chirp game strong in this new Canadian Division, you think the Leaves/Canucks, Oilers/Canucks, Flames/Canucks hate was bad before? this 2021 is gonna be insanity. Especially that first Canucks vs Flames game lol.
I thought so too but the 2019 playoffs changed my outlook on Peg fans. Couldn't believe how obnoxious they were online. I actually switched my rooting interest to Vegas mid series because of it

Be prepared for a surprise ;)
el rey del mambo
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

No worries we’ve shown we hate them all in varying degrees anyway :thumbs:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Cherry Picker
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by Cherry Picker »

All I know is I hope you CC brethren got your chirp game strong in this new Canadian Division, you think the Leaves/Canucks, Oilers/Canucks, Flames/Canucks hate was bad before? this 2021 is gonna be insanity. Especially that first Canucks vs Flames game lol.
Sooooo... as a Canucks fan, if all the Canuck players were traded to Calgary, in return for all the Calgary players, which team should you cheer for?
We are all Snidely Whiplash.
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:42 pm

Sooooo... as a Canucks fan, if all the Canuck players were traded to Calgary, in return for all the Calgary players, which team should you cheer for?
Words 2-5
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

rats19 wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:53 pm
Cherry Picker wrote: Wed Dec 09, 2020 6:42 pm

Words 2-5
Word.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Not really. I want to hate all of teams in the league. This format is barely edible. Well if it gets us thru till next year, fine.
But because of this all Canadian division, I say f**k the league points and no less then 4, (four), teams from this Canadian chapter automatically
get in to the playoffs. Playoffs that will "HAVE TO BE EXPANDED", one more time...it's only fair.
Baseball style mini series--Well, the Jets are in town for 3. The Canucks are in Winnipeg for 3.
Connor McDavid and his Oilers are here to face your Vancouver Canucks for an ...............ho hum
The Vancouver Canucks are at Scotiabank Arena to face Austin Mathews John Tavares and his Maple leaves...........ho hum

I assume there might well be similar feelings in the US divisions by some folks too.

Well, Hell, might all be worth it if Olli Juolevi makes the team and then throughout this campaign, makes Matthew Tkachuk look like a goat.******
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Micks chirp game is in offseason form i see
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:49 am Micks chirp game is in offseason form i see
He has no game....full stop. it’s non existent in any season.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”