Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 19-20 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Barzal apparently wants out of New York. I believe him and Lou will end up hating each other while negotiating Barzals next contract which haves me believing a potential trading of Barzal out of New York. Would not be surprised seeing a Johnny Gaudreau for Barzal type of trade. Or Zegras (Anaheim), or Hayton (Phoenix), or Turcotte (LA) for Barzal. I think Barzal longs for the west. There is also the Seattle angle where Matt played junior. I could see Francis pushing to get Barzal, turn around a package for him. Lou is tight with his spending and I think Barzal might want more than he deserves. The Islanders are not big spenders. A tough signing for Lou. Barzal’s style of game is also strangled under Trotz.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:48 am Barzal apparently wants out of New York. I believe him and Lou will end up hating each other while negotiating Barzals next contract which haves me believing a potential trading of Barzal out of New York. Would not be surprised seeing a Johnny Gaudreau for Barzal type of trade. Or Zegras (Anaheim), or Hayton (Phoenix), or Turcotte (LA) for Barzal. I think Barzal longs for the west. Lou is right with his spending and I think Barzal might want more than he deserves. A tough signing for Lou. Barzal’s style of game is also strangled under Trotz.
SKYO would you brew up a super trade that includes Boeser for Barzal and another quality asset for any one of the 3 dmen on the isle that were previously mentioned in this thread?

Say something like...Boeser and Gaudette for Barzal and Dobson
If you need air...call it in
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:48 am Barzal apparently wants out of New York. I believe him and Lou will end up hating each other while negotiating Barzals next contract which haves me believing a potential trading of Barzal out of New York. Would not be surprised seeing a Johnny Gaudreau for Barzal type of trade. Or Zegras (Anaheim) for Barzal. I think Barzal longs for the west.
Lol Gaudreau is two years from UFA and quite a bit older than the fastest player in the league. Lou will need a good young centre coming back, not a tiny 27 year old winger who disappears in the post season.

Zegras is a nice young player but he doesn’t get you Barzal.

I agree that there may be some animosity there.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 7:07 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:48 am Barzal apparently wants out of New York. I believe him and Lou will end up hating each other while negotiating Barzals next contract which haves me believing a potential trading of Barzal out of New York. Would not be surprised seeing a Johnny Gaudreau for Barzal type of trade. Or Zegras (Anaheim) for Barzal. I think Barzal longs for the west.
Lol Gaudreau is two years from UFA and quite a bit older than the fastest player in the league. Lou will need a good young centre coming back, not a tiny 27 year old winger who disappears in the post season.

Zegras is a nice young player but he doesn’t get you Barzal.

I agree that there may be some animosity there.
Gaudreau and extras, would do it. From all accounts Barzal wants way more than what Lou is willing. It’s going to be an ugly negotiation, IMO. Or it’s a bridge deal
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:58 am
Chef Boi RD wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 6:48 am Barzal apparently wants out of New York. I believe him and Lou will end up hating each other while negotiating Barzals next contract which haves me believing a potential trading of Barzal out of New York. Would not be surprised seeing a Johnny Gaudreau for Barzal type of trade. Or Zegras (Anaheim), or Hayton (Phoenix), or Turcotte (LA) for Barzal. I think Barzal longs for the west. Lou is right with his spending and I think Barzal might want more than he deserves. A tough signing for Lou. Barzal’s style of game is also strangled under Trotz.
SKYO would you brew up a super trade that includes Boeser for Barzal and another quality asset for any one of the 3 dmen on the isle that were previously mentioned in this thread?

It’d have to be boeser gaudette podkolzin with another plus yet. Barzal is a number 1 center, and Dobson is a rhd with really good pedigree, I honestly don’t think they make a deal unless hughes or petey are going the other way.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:40 am

It’d have to be boeser gaudette podkolzin with another plus yet. Barzal is a number 1 center, and Dobson is a rhd with really good pedigree, I honestly don’t think they make a deal unless hughes or petey are going the other way.
OK how about...

Horvat + Boeser

För

Barzal + Dobson
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

The Brown Wizard wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:58 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:40 am

OK how about...

Horvat + Boeser

För

Barzal + Dobson
Holy crap!! Maybe we should tank-it with Minny and keep out 1st round pick.
"evolution"
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:33 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Tue May 26, 2020 10:17 pm So, thinking about an exchange with Doc, is this the right thread to ask for a CBO for Loui?!?
If we could somehow stash him in the press box for one more year the buyout would only stick with us for two years before it comes completely off the books so there's a reason to be patient. I still would like to test his desire to play with a winter in the Central New York rust belt riding the bus and braving those bitter Mohawk Valley winter winds. Swedes much less privileged and wealthy than Loui have begged out of Utica after only a few weeks so just letting "Sin City' work her wintertime charms is an idea that should probably be explored before looking at a buyout.
I repeatedly visited Utica during my years in NY. The Mohawk Valley is home to Nattie Bumpo and Chinggachuk. It is quite lovely with great hunting and winter sports all of which I give a pass. My reason for being there would vary. My youngest daughter was into gymnastics big time so we traveled a lot.
I also went there to train child protection workers on various mental health and substance abuse issues (yeah yeah, I know right?). In all the cities in the rust belt there is a ghetto and the one in Utica is called Corn Hill and it produces some of ny's finest criminals.
I will also mention that the fans in Utica are true hockey fans and the barn they play in is old school. I cannot imagine what it must seem like to a Swede.
damonberryman
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by damonberryman »

rats19 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:39 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:28 pm Youll come away with a diamond and a doiley but no foreskin
Vig 8-)
That is some good old racist bullshit
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Hey Damon didn’t you move back to BC?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:40 am It’d have to be boeser gaudette podkolzin with another plus yet. Barzal is a number 1 center, and Dobson is a rhd with really good pedigree, I honestly don’t think they make a deal unless hughes or petey are going the other way.
OK how about...

Horvat + Boeser

För

Barzal + Dobson
that's a little more plausible, hard to believe Barzal point production has been steadily going down since his phenomenal rookie season.

All I know is if you are trading one of Boeser or Virtanen for a solid right side dman, then that means we likely are re-signing Toffoli first, trading from a position of strength. Just don't move Boeser for a pure defensive dman - don't make the mistake the Oilers did with Hall for Larsson.

Why I'd prefer to move 'power forward' Virtanen+ for a top 4 younger right side dman.

--

Spectors talking about the Leaves moving Kapanen for a right side dman, Rasmus Ristolainen or David Savard.
https://www.spectorshockey.net/2020/06/ ... ne-9-2020/
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

damonberryman wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:16 pm
rats19 wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:39 pm
The Brown Wizard wrote: Wed May 27, 2020 12:28 pm Youll come away with a diamond and a doiley but no foreskin
Vig 8-)
That is some good old racist bullshit
Ya Rats. You're better than this

:)
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

SKYO wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:21 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 11:40 am It’d have to be boeser gaudette podkolzin with another plus yet. Barzal is a number 1 center, and Dobson is a rhd with really good pedigree, I honestly don’t think they make a deal unless hughes or petey are going the other way.
OK how about...

Horvat + Boeser

För

Barzal + Dobson
that's a little more plausible, hard to believe Barzal point production has been steadily going down since his phenomenal rookie season.

All I know is if you are trading one of Boeser or Virtanen for a solid right side dman, then that means we likely are re-signing Toffoli first, trading from a position of strength. Just don't move Boeser for a pure defensive dman - don't make the mistake the Oilers did with Hall for Larsson.

Yes. You resign Toffoli, upgrade the 2c in Barzal for Horvat and fill that gaping hole on right side D with Dobson for the price of Boeser...who gets replaced by Podkolzin the year after.

Jake you keep and moving out that 11-12 mill and replacing it with Dobsons remaining ELC and Barzal around 7-8 which gives us some breathing room for the twin 9s looking for payday next year
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Islanders don’t do it. Value isn’t far off but exactly why in the fuck are we trading Horvat? So the plan is to not have a good matchup centre at all? Just gas your captain a year after you gave him the C? The Islanders aren’t trading Dobson and Barzal is a pure offensive guy. He gets shredded in the dot and was benched by Noneck Mcgerk for shoddy defensive play.
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Doyle Hargraves wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 2:38 pm Islanders don’t do it. Value isn’t far off but exactly why in the fuck are we trading Horvat? So the plan is to not have a good matchup centre at all? Just gas your captain a year after you gave him the C? The Islanders aren’t trading Dobson and Barzal is a pure offensive guy. He gets shredded in the dog and was benched by Noneck Mcgerk for shoddy defensive play.
Barzal is good and all but the carrot in this is Dobson. Its why we pony up 2 solid assets.

That said youre right...not trading the capt