Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Around the league (signings, RFAs injuries)

Post by Strangelove »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sat Jun 23, 2018 1:43 pm Now that the shock has worn off Cow Puke is coming around to the trade.

Treliving basically confirmed that there were both on ice and off ice issues surrounding Hamilton but would not, for obvious reasons, elaborate. He also indicated that Hamilton demanded a trade at the end of the season and they have been looking at Hanafin since then.

Tre,icing also confirmed that Fox, via his representative, told the Flames he would not sign in Calgary. So they have been looking at using him in a package since last summer. Ferland was the guy he said was hard to part with.

Carolina on the other hand say Hamilton is now part of their core and his “issues” notwithstanding they have no plans to trade him.

First his Boston teammates all but pack his bags and now due to issues with his teammates in Calgary he demands a trade. Sure sounds like poison. Liking this trade more and more for Calgary. He moves a p,Ayer who demanded a trade, a prospect who says he won’t sign there and a heart and soul 3rd liner for two core players. I’m not a Treliving fan, but this is a good trade all things considered.

Given these issues you can’t tell me Carolina could not have done better.
I started talking about Hamilton's issues 3 years ago:

http://www.canuckscorner.com/forums/vie ... 35#p238935

Notice some doubted the Great Strangelove. :crazy:

Sad to say it but this was a great trade for the Flames...

BTW Wids, the "l" key is up and to the right from the comma key. :mrgreen:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Thanks doc. Fat fingers and small keyboards. Add to that spell check that takes the errors and adds them to your list. Now it changes things on its own and I don't catch it.

By the way, I get kidney stones too. First one I was like hey man I'm through the pause, what's all this pain and blood about. But at the hospital they hit me up right away and everything was all right. No waiting for pain Mëds, even gave me a script for some heavy duty shit. Ya like St. Paul's just drops that shit in the inner city like there's no tomorrow. But I didn't fill the script. Once you piss em out the pain is manageable.
The only HW the Canucks need
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Sounds like Chaput(RFA) and Wiercioch(UFA) won't be offered a contract and will both walk come July 1
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

BladesofSteel wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 8:39 am Sounds like Chaput(RFA) and Wiercioch(UFA) won't be offered a contract and will both walk come July 1
Chaput has been dealt to Chicago for Tanner Kero.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/stat ... 2653572100
Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie

John Carlson on verge of re-signing in WSH. 8 year deal.

3:14 PM - 24 Jun 2018
Crap this means my man Mike Green will be the most sought out UFA dman. ..
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

With OEL, Hanafin, Hamilton and Carlson off the table, teams will have to go the trade route for D-men. Tanev's stock rising?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

^Good point Dude.
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/statu ... 8815894528

Pierre LeBron
@PierreVLeBron

So 8 x 8 for John Carlson to stay in Washington. The OEL contract ($8.25 M AAV) had a serious impact on the Carlson negotiation
Looks like $8M x 8 years for Carlson.

Salaries are shooting up, how awesome is that Tanev contract now?

Gonna hafta offer Green $7.5M-per on a 2 year deal for any chance WOOing him to Vancouver.

THEN trade Mr Tanev for something sweet. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

https://twitter.com/Capitals/status/1011021530640285696
Washington Capitals
@Capitals

OFFICIAL: HE'S ALL OURS!

@JohnCarlson74 signs an eight-year contract to stay in Washington! Average annual value of $8 million.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:58 pm .
^Good point Dude.
https://twitter.com/PierreVLeBrun/statu ... 8815894528

Pierre LeBron
@PierreVLeBron

So 8 x 8 for John Carlson to stay in Washington. The OEL contract ($8.25 M AAV) had a serious impact on the Carlson negotiation
Looks like $8M x 8 years for Carlson.

Salaries are shooting up, how awesome is that Tanev contract now?

Gonna hafta offer Green $7.5M-per on a 2 year deal for any chance WOOing him to Vancouver.

THEN trade Mr Tanev for something sweet. :mex:
Toronto is gonna have to unload cap on us if they’re truly in the hunt for Tavares. Nylander and Martin for tanev.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 3:19 pm https://twitter.com/TSNBobMcKenzie/stat ... 2653572100
Bob McKenzie
@TSNBobMcKenzie

John Carlson on verge of re-signing in WSH. 8 year deal.

3:14 PM - 24 Jun 2018
Crap this means my man Mike Green will be the most sought out UFA dman. ..
lol yup Green now the #1 UFA dman this year.

Jack Johnson likely gets overpaid with honourable mention to Hickey and De Haan.

No one on that UFA dman list comes close to Tanev's level defensively or Edler's workhorse big hitter/pk/pp/ 30+pts play, kinda shows how hard it is to acquire these types of defensemen, why it might be in our best interest to keep these two high value dmen to work with Hughes, Juolevi and yes Stecher whom I still have some faith in to get better.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

I’m liking the idea of keeping Tanev now IF Hughes plays with the Canucks this year. If he goes back to college I think we could get a decent return including pick(s) for next year. Edler I’d see if he’d waive at the TDD.

But certainly their is mentor ship value in keeping both Tanev and Edler for 1-2 years. Just want an extra pick or two.
The only HW the Canucks need
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

Hockey Widow wrote: Sun Jun 24, 2018 9:44 pm I’m liking the idea of keeping Tanev now IF Hughes plays with the Canucks this year. If he goes back to college I think we could get a decent return including pick(s) for next year. Edler I’d see if he’d waive at the TDD.

But certainly their is mentor ship value in keeping both Tanev and Edler for 1-2 years. Just want an extra pick or two.
I wouldn’t be opposed to pulling a New Jersey at the draft. They were the hosts when we traded Schneider to them and drafted Horvat. If we could get a 1st for one of Edler or Tanev and then go into the draft with something in the top 15 (ours) and also something in the 15-20 range, then do it. If we’re making a TDD deal for one of them it’s a safe bet that we could squeeze a 2nd out of it as well if we threw in a later pick or a B prospect.

A top pairing D or top line F would be a big enough splash I think.

Isn’t next year boasting a weaker class of draftees too?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

The #Pens have re-signed Bryan Rust to a four-year contract.

The deal runs through the 2021.22 campaign, and it carries an average annual value of $3.5 million.
5'11 192lbs
Is an industrious winger with great speed and some streaky scoring ability. Is also a sound defensive player who can be trusted in key situations. Is tenacious on the forecheck. Can kill penalties.
Seems like a Burrows in his prime contract.

And J.T. Miller re-signed today.
We have re-signed J.T. Miller to a five-year contract worth $5.25 million per season.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Carl Yagro
MVP
MVP

Post by Carl Yagro »

Pens just dumped Conor Sheary & Matt Hunwick, two salaries (5.25 Million) for a conditional 4th rounder in 2019 from Buffalo.

That seems like a terrible return on the surface, giving the Sabres two gifts for nothing in order to clear some extra cap space. Must be looking at free agency for another run at the cup.
The Best GD Canucks Hockey Talk Forum in the World... With Only 18 People!
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

I can't shake a feeling they're clearing space for Tavares...