Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

User avatar
Tciso
CC Hall of Fan Member
Posts: 1599
Joined: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:44 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Tciso » Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:25 am

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am
5thhorseman wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:05 am

I would be playing Petterson at C with Sutter on the wing. Sutter can take the faceoffs while Petterson learns. It would inject some much needed playmaking into the Sutter line.
Sutter can continue to do his patented solo dash one on 3 drives while Peteresson is wide open on the side of the net :lol:

If I'm making the call hes with Boeser and someone who can thump skulls
Sutter will pass more if he has someone to pass to. It's the same as complaining that Virtanen didn't pass enough either, when in reality, he learned to stop passing to Gaunce in the offensive zone, cuz it leads to immediate back checking.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!

User avatar
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 7306
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:39 am
Location: Everywhere

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Cornuck » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:31 am

Pre-season schedule announced:

https://www.nhl.com/canucks/news/vancou ... -299046186

2018.19 CANUCKS PRESEASON GAME SCHEDULE

Tuesday, Sept. 18 | vs. Edmonton | Vancouver | Rogers Arena

Wednesday, Sept. 19 | vs. Calgary | Vancouver | Rogers Arena

Thursday, Sept. 20 | vs. Los Angeles | Vancouver | Rogers Arena

Saturday, Sept. 22 | at Calgary | Calgary | Scotiabank Saddledome

Monday, Sept. 24 | at Los Angeles | Salt Lake City | Vivint Smart Home Arena

Tuesday, Sept. 25 | at Edmonton | Edmonton | Rogers Place

Saturday, Sept. 29 | vs. Arizona | Kelowna | Prospera Place
2017 - The Road to 65™

User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
Posts: 3588
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by micky107 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 11:41 am

Don't mean to be rude but: Same shit, different year.
"evolution"

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by SKYO » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:44 pm

Tciso wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 9:25 am
Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:47 am
5thhorseman wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:05 am

I would be playing Petterson at C with Sutter on the wing. Sutter can take the faceoffs while Petterson learns. It would inject some much needed playmaking into the Sutter line.
Sutter can continue to do his patented solo dash one on 3 drives while Peteresson is wide open on the side of the net :lol:

If I'm making the call hes with Boeser and someone who can thump skulls
Sutter will pass more if he has someone to pass to. It's the same as complaining that Virtanen didn't pass enough either, when in reality, he learned to stop passing to Gaunce in the offensive zone, cuz it leads to immediate back checking.
lol UDL bingo!

and tciso, Sutter in his entire career has never really been a good passer, seems to be a perennial 20/20 type guy.

Looking at Lars Eller on the Capitals though, his points are quite similar and then he exploded in the playoffs and he never cracked the blob infamous 40pt total!

Sutter has had a decent playoffs as well before with the Pens, could be one of those sleeper dudes on the 3rd line in the playoffs.

Looking at Eller's line: Burakovsky-Eller-Connolly

6'3 Burakovsky has been alright, avg around 35pts each season while 6'3 Connolly has been averaging 25ish points the past few seasons.

With the Caps having to pay huge dollars to Carlson soon, I bet the Canucks could snag Burakovsky.
Burakovsky - Sutter - Gaudette/Virtanen would be a rock solid line.

AND I still want a big gritty LW for Horvat/Boeser to help keep them healthy for the long season, they are pivotal for the team to stay afloat.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
Posts: 8827
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by SKYO » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm

For the illustrious Pettersson, I'd want him with Eriksson and a big LW/C type on his left, start him on the 3rd line.
A long time ago, a baseball player remarked: "If I owned a ballclub, I'd hire a $5,000 coach and a $15,000 scout."

User avatar
Reefer2
MVP
MVP
Posts: 3383
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Reefer2 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm

SKYO wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm
For the illustrious Pettersson, I'd want him with Eriksson and a big LW/C type on his left, start him on the 3rd line.
Why LE?

Because he is Swedish?

LE deserves no nothing until he earns it, right now he mails it in. Maybe he is misunderstood or mid typed cast. All I know is that for $6M the bucks are getting bent over the table.

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 9750
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:16 pm

Isn’t it the doe’s that usually get bent over?

WTF Reef are gay Deer really out there?

Whodathunkit?

Gay Deer are queer

Queer Eye for the Deer Guy

Are the guys that hunt these faggot Deer gay as well?

If you eat the gay Deer meat will you turn gay?

Lotsa questions and blobcat wants answers
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16216
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:09 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:16 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm
All I know is that for $6M the bucks are getting bent over the table.
Isn’t it the doe’s that usually get bent over?

WTF Reef are gay Deer really out there?

Whodathunkit?

Gay Deer are queer

Queer Eye for the Deer Guy

Are the guys that hunt these faggot Deer gay as well?

If you eat the gay Deer meat will you turn gay?

Lotsa questions and blobcat wants answers
Blobby is curious about these things... :wink:

Personally I think Hollywood stole Reefer's persona in order to create the Brick Tamland character.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16216
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 pm

Reefer2 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm
SKYO wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm
For the illustrious Pettersson, I'd want him with Eriksson and a big LW/C type on his left, start him on the 3rd line.
Why LE?

Because he is Swedish?

LE deserves no nothing until he earns it, right now he mails it in.
pssst you're not the coach, so far 2 coaches have decided LE "earned" top 6 minutes...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 9750
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:18 pm
Reefer2 wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:57 pm
SKYO wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm
For the illustrious Pettersson, I'd want him with Eriksson and a big LW/C type on his left, start him on the 3rd line.
Why LE?

Because he is Swedish?

LE deserves no nothing until he earns it, right now he mails it in.
pssst you're not the coach, so far 2 coaches have decided LE "earned" top 6 minutes...
:|
Because there was no one else?
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16216
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 pm
:|
Because there was no one else?
Yeahno, he earned more icetime per game than the Sedins over their 2 years together.

Hank - 17:18
Dank - 16:50
Loui - 17:38
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
Posts: 9750
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:42 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:35 pm
:|
Because there was no one else?
Yeahno, he earned more icetime per game than the Sedins over their 2 years together.

Hank - 17:18
Dank - 16:50
Loui - 17:38

Well as someone who has said he collects his paycheques with a ski mask and a gun, perhaps he didn’t really earn them
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES

User avatar
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP
Posts: 16216
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Strangelove » Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 pm
Well as someone who has said he collects his paycheques with a ski mask and a gun, perhaps he didn’t really earn them
... or perhaps schmucks such as yourself (no offense) don't see the value of a superior 200-foot game.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

User avatar
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP
Posts: 7766
Joined: Wed Sep 07, 2005 2:27 pm
Location: Ottawa

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Island Nucklehead » Thu Jun 14, 2018 5:51 am

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:50 pm
Well as someone who has said he collects his paycheques with a ski mask and a gun, perhaps he didn’t really earn them
... or perhaps schmucks such as yourself (no offense) don't see the value of a superior 200-foot game.
Not worth $6M per season.

User avatar
Uncle dans leg
CC Legend
Posts: 4288
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:19 pm
Location: in the shed with a fresh packed bowl

Re: Canucks News and Notes 2017-2018

Post by Uncle dans leg » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:08 am

Strangelove wrote:
Wed Jun 13, 2018 7:52 pm

... or perhaps schmucks such as yourself (no offense) don't see the value of a superior 200-foot game.
:lol:
nobody forks...with the jesus

Post Reply