Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed May 16, 2018 5:23 pm

They’ve only drafted three decent young d men. They traded one, one they streamed like shit and he left and the other is a project at best
TRY TO FOCUS ON HOW MY ASS TASTES IN ONE YEAR

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Wed May 16, 2018 5:48 pm

Agreed Skyo but not yet.

They don’t know what they have in everyone yet and still 2-3 years away.

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:36 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:23 pm
They’ve only drafted three decent young d men. They traded one, one they streamed like shit and he left and the other is a project at best
Who did they treat like shit? Cause if you mean tyramkin they didn’t treat him like shit, that’s typical hfboards hyperbole.

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Wed May 16, 2018 7:47 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:36 pm
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Who did they treat like shit? Cause if you mean tyramkin they didn’t treat him like shit, that’s typical hfboards hyperbole.
Blobby is on a steady HF diet.
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed May 16, 2018 7:56 pm

Richardstroker69 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Willie the moustache gave him 15 min a game despite the fact he was the teams third best defender and Elmer dragged him into the video room with Trevor and they told him to play like Chara and Pronger

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 » Wed May 16, 2018 8:22 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 7:56 pm
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Willie the moustache gave him 15 min a game despite the fact he was the teams third best defender and Elmer dragged him into the video room with Trevor and they told him to play like Chara and Pronger
He was an nhl rookie, 15 minutes is fine, watching tape of 2 of the best dman in the last 20 years (who are similarly sized) is something bad???? More idiotic hyperbole

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove » Wed May 16, 2018 9:04 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Richardstroker69 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Willie the moustache gave him 15 min a game despite the fact he was the teams third best defender
Tryamkin was also near the top of the league in penalty minutes per game.

True that Willie went full retard when he told the press that Nikita should have murdered The Rat in Boston.

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
and Elmer dragged him into the video room with Trevor and they told him to play like Chara and Pronger
LMAO is that really what they say at HF? ... wouldn't surprise me.

Here's the original article from the botched one:

http://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/nh ... for-russia

Note that known Benning-hater Botchford absolves Jimmy of all blame in this matter...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!

Uncle dans leg
CC Legend

Post by Uncle dans leg » Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 pm

Trymynapkin was pretty brutal if we want to be honest. He oozed potential sure but was far from some prodigious superstar that turned his back on an all star career.
nobody forks...with the jesus

Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend

Post by Blob Mckenzie » Wed May 16, 2018 10:00 pm

Uncle dans leg wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 9:40 pm
Trymynapkin was pretty brutal if we want to be honest. He oozed potential sure but was far from some prodigious superstar that turned his back on an all star career.
What does that say about Gudbranson? :lol:

Ronning's Ghost
MVP
MVP

Post by Ronning's Ghost » Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm

SKYO wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 pm
If you really want a 5 year rebuild, then look for a MEGA defenseman trade to happen by the 2019 trade deadline or July 1st, 2019 UFA signing.
I can be flexible, relaxed --mellow, even -- about how long the rebuild going to take, but what I really want is for the architect of the rebuild, or one of his apologists here, to commit to a timeline of how long it is supposed to take, so that we can have a point at which we can assess whether or not the plan has worked.

Points to Doc for being bold in this regard.

If the Canucks do not "look good in the 2019 playoffs", does that mean it's time for a new plan?

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Thu May 17, 2018 7:35 am

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm
SKYO wrote:
If you really want a 5 year rebuild, then look for a MEGA defenseman trade to happen by the 2019 trade deadline or July 1st, 2019 UFA signing.
I can be flexible, relaxed --mellow, even -- about how long the rebuild going to take, but what I really want is for the architect of the rebuild, or one of his apologists here, to commit to a timeline of how long it is supposed to take, so that we can have a point at which we can assess whether or not the plan has worked.

If the Canucks do not "look good in the 2019 playoffs", does that mean it's time for a new plan?
Stick to the plan, always. The plan is always in motion. The relentless pursuit!
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

Reefer2
MVP
MVP

Post by Reefer2 » Thu May 17, 2018 8:43 am

Ronning's Ghost wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 11:22 pm
SKYO wrote:

What was Strange BOLD? You mean saying they will make the playoffs next year or something like that. Really need to get my memory checked.

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ESQ » Thu May 17, 2018 9:29 am

In all seriousness though Blob, I thought that 7 for 7 observation was an excellent point. And it definitely brings home how far behind the Canucks were, because from Schneider in 2004 to Horvat in 2013, all the Canucks had to show for their 1st round picks was Kassian and Ballard's buyout.

Prior to the Jets re-location, they were still doing pretty well in the 1st - Burmistrov (meh), Kane (became Myers), Bogosian, Little out of the previous 5 drafts.

This shouldn't shock anybody, but it took an unbelievably long time for their good draft picks to make an impact and put the team in a position to win a playoff game - which happened for the first time in the Franchise's 15 years on April 11, 2018. Think about that - it took them 19 years to win a playoff game, and 10-11 years of good drafting to get to the 3rd round. And that's with some lottery luck finally pushing them over the edge.

When you look at that history and how long the development curve was, it seems a bit silly to write off Juolevi as a teenager.

RoyalDude
CC Legend

Post by RoyalDude » Thu May 17, 2018 10:03 am

Bub has been writing off Juolevi since the day he was drafted. This affliction is typically defined as Displaced Aggression, ie - “we didn’t draft Tkachuk???!!! Juolevi is the scum of the earth!!!!”
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate

ESQ
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by ESQ » Thu May 17, 2018 10:34 am

Its funny too, when you look at Sergachev (who Blob loves to compare him to), he's amazingly got 40 points in his rookie season...but he's playing 15 minutes a game, on the 2nd PP unit and doesn't kill penalties. He had an unbelievable 72% offensive zone starts, climbing to 79% in the playoffs.

Sergachev was given a pretty remarkable opportunity on a very-good offensive team, where all he is asked to do is produce offence. I know Willie D wouldn't have given a rookie D that kind of an opportunity, and I doubt Travis or most other NHL coaches would let a rookie defenceman play like that.

I can't think of another example of a rookie defenceman putting up that many points in such little icetime.