Canucks Young Guns

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Re: Canucks Young Guns

Post by Richardstroker69 »

Reefer2 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:05 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:07 am So many mouth breathers throwing around the word bust with Juolevi.... has anyone actually said this ?
I dont think so but waiting for Strange to post the links to posters who have, then RD piling on.

Per - I am not saying that he will not be a steady D man but he may not turn out to be that #1 D man we really need on this team. Now of course Abbott will pile on this saying that I am implying he is a bust and Costello will add his $1.00 worth ($1.00 because he can never stop at $0.02).

For the record I am not saying he is a bust or cannot be a steady D, I could go on and explain in more detail but it wont matter between Abbott, Costello and GOM they read what they want to read.
How many true #1 dmen are there in the league? Not many, joulevi is gonna be a top pairing guy, he’s a great pick and a great prospect.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:49 am How many true #1 dmen are there in the league? Not many, joulevi is gonna be a top pairing guy, he’s a great pick and a great prospect.
There's 10 defenseman averaging over 25 minutes a game - Doughty, Suter, Karlsson, Ristolainen, Hedman Pietrangelo, E. Johnson, Weber, Letang and Burns. 13 are averaging better than .7 PPG with over 40 GP. There's only a handful that meet both criteria - Karlsson, Hedman, Burns, Doughty.

I thin those 4 would be the most-elite, #1 defensemen in the league.

Will Olli reach that status? Well, of those 4 only Karlsson didn't make the NHL the year after his draft. Karlsson spent a year in the SEL, with 5g/5a in 45 games so not exactly lighting the league on fire, before coming over to the NHL, getting sent down, then came back in December of his draft +2 year.

Not saying Olli will be the next Karlsson, but there's nothing in his nascent career thus far to say he won't be a top-pairing Dman.
Richardstroker69
MVP
MVP

Post by Richardstroker69 »

ESQ wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:45 am
Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:49 am How many true #1 dmen are there in the league? Not many, joulevi is gonna be a top pairing guy, he’s a great pick and a great prospect.
There's 10 defenseman averaging over 25 minutes a game - Doughty, Suter, Karlsson, Ristolainen, Hedman Pietrangelo, E. Johnson, Weber, Letang and Burns. 13 are averaging better than .7 PPG with over 40 GP. There's only a handful that meet both criteria - Karlsson, Hedman, Burns, Doughty.

I thin those 4 would be the most-elite, #1 defensemen in the league.

Will Olli reach that status? Well, of those 4 only Karlsson didn't make the NHL the year after his draft. Karlsson spent a year in the SEL, with 5g/5a in 45 games so not exactly lighting the league on fire, before coming over to the NHL, getting sent down, then came back in December of his draft +2 year.

Not saying Olli will be the next Karlsson, but there's nothing in his nascent career thus far to say he won't be a top-pairing Dman.
Well said
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Richardstroker69 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:49 am
Reefer2 wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:05 am
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:07 am So many mouth breathers throwing around the word bust with Juolevi.... has anyone actually said this ?
I dont think so but waiting for Strange to post the links to posters who have, then RD piling on.

Per - I am not saying that he will not be a steady D man but he may not turn out to be that #1 D man we really need on this team. Now of course Abbott will pile on this saying that I am implying he is a bust and Costello will add his $1.00 worth ($1.00 because he can never stop at $0.02).

For the record I am not saying he is a bust or cannot be a steady D, I could go on and explain in more detail but it wont matter between Abbott, Costello and GOM they read what they want to read.
How many true #1 dmen are there in the league? Not many, joulevi is gonna be a top pairing guy, he’s a great pick and a great prospect.
There’s probably at least 20 true number one D men. Nashville has two and probably 4 top pairing guys. Their d is reminiscent of the mid- late 70s Habs
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:26 pm Doc, apparently the book is written on Olli, he's a bust apparently.
so a few good games changes the whole season where he has been "normal" and now what is expected from a 5th over all draft pick and expected to be top 2 on the team when he was drafted?
This was Reef saying OJ is no longer "expected to be a top 2"... in his typical Reeferese

… as he lashes back (for some peculiar reason) at a guy who just mocked those that would call OJ a “bust”.

He follows that up with this response to a direct question as to why he lashed back

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 pm Are you saying Juolevi is a bust?
Don’t know
So he doesn’t know what he’s saying… apart from 'not expecting OJ to ever become a top 2 dee'.

Interestingly, Mr Reefer adopts the same “I don’t expect him to be a top 2" position recently expressed by you-know-who:

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:37 pm If all goes well he’s a decent 2nd pairing d man. I’ll take a first pairing d man or a first line forward every day.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:56 pm In a top 5 of a draft you should get a top line or top pairing d man. I would have been fine with Tkachuk or half dozen others rather than Olaf.

Does all this prove yet again that ankle-nipper Ruffles is Blob’s lapdancing lapdog?

Why yes, yes it does…
____
Try to focus on someday.
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 2:29 pm
Reefer2 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 5:18 pm
RoyalDude wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 3:26 pm Doc, apparently the book is written on Olli, he's a bust apparently.
so a few good games changes the whole season where he has been "normal" and now what is expected from a 5th over all draft pick and expected to be top 2 on the team when he was drafted?
This was Reef saying OJ is no longer "expected to be a top 2"... in his typical Reeferese

… as he lashes back (for some peculiar reason) at a guy who just mocked those that would call OJ a “bust”.

He follows that up with this response to a direct question as to why he lashed back

Reefer2 wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 11:04 pm
Strangelove wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 8:36 pm Are you saying Juolevi is a bust?
Don’t know
So he doesn’t know what he’s saying… apart from 'not expecting OJ to ever become a top 2 dee'.

Interestingly, Mr Reefer adopts the same “I don’t expect him to be a top 2" position recently expressed by you-know-who:

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:37 pm If all goes well he’s a decent 2nd pairing d man. I’ll take a first pairing d man or a first line forward every day.
Blob Mckenzie wrote: Fri Mar 30, 2018 4:56 pm In a top 5 of a draft you should get a top line or top pairing d man. I would have been fine with Tkachuk or half dozen others rather than Olaf.

Does all this prove yet again that ankle-nipper Ruffles is Blob’s lapdancing lapdog?

Why yes, yes it does…
Keep it real Costello!
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

And still never read where anyone called Olaf a “bust” in all the hyperbole and smoke and mirrors.

:?
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:33 pm And still never read where anyone called Olaf a “bust” in all the hyperbole and smoke and mirrors.

:?
Figurative Language
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

I guess that’s how you guys roll.. :stupid:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 6:33 pm And still never read where anyone called Olaf a “bust” in all the hyperbole and smoke and mirrors.
If you read the actual sentence... no one said anyone called OJ a bust.

The sentence in question did expose yet-another "OJ will never become a top 2 dee" clown though. :mex:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Klowns to the left of me

Trolls to the right

And Mods throwing gas on Reef
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Mr Reefer is his own worst enemy, the kind of responses to the things he posts should be expected.
____
Try to focus on someday.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 7:39 pm

And Mods throwing gas on Reef
Hey Blob. You got a light?
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Tue Apr 10, 2018 8:05 pm Mr Reefer is his own worst enemy, the kind of responses to the things he posts should be expected.
Angry post ...’ :?