Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by SKYO

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

SKYO
MVP
MVP

Re: Trade rumours & armchair pipe dreams 17-18 Sponsored by

Post by SKYO »

ICYMI - Erik Karlsson could be trade bait, team has asked for his 10 team NTC list.

https://www.fanragsports.com/mckenzie-a ... st-report/

Sens owner is mr el cheapo and probably doesn't want to pay more than $10m per for EK, doesn't help the team is playing badly.

Swedish power unite!?

Sedins-Eriksson
Edler-Karlsson

Then next year:
Dahlen-Pettersson-Eriksson
Edler-EK
:mrgreen:
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

SKYO wrote:ICYMI - Erik Karlsson could be trade bait, team has asked for his 10 team NTC list.

Sens owner is mr el cheapo and probably doesn't want to pay more than $10m per for EK, doesn't help the team is playing badly.

Swedish power unite!?

Sedins-Eriksson
Edler-Karlsson

Then next year:
Edler-EK
You are quite the proponent.
I see a lot of rhetoric and posturing going on in regards to EK but not sure how serious to take it yet.
I do think the ax may fall on Guy Bucher and that in itself could change everything.
Regardless of where he gets a new contract the year after next, it's gonna be 12+.
If we had a pole on this forum right now, I'd be curious to see the ayes and nays.
I take it you are for it.
At this point by a narrow margin I would reluctantly take a pass...
"evolution"
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Yeah it would cost a ton, I can see JB going after Risto from buffalo, he fits this age group much better and he's a fellow Fin' that can help Olli out.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Lol let’s gut the system for one guy whom likely wouldn’t re up here in a year and a half
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol let’s gut the system for one guy whom likely wouldn’t re up here in a year and a half
Let’s not ...
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Lol let’s gut the system for one guy whom likely wouldn’t re up here in a year and a half
Let’s not ...
I agree rat man. The system finally has some girth. It’s kinda why I’m re thinking re Evander Kane. Like the skills try and toughness but unless they can ditch one of Sutter or Eriksson or Gagner , they’d be best to leave it alone.
ESQ
MVP
MVP

Post by ESQ »

Meh, he's Swedish, Swedes seem to love Vancouver, and he's stated he wants to be paid his market value. So as long as he's getting paid, he'd likely stay more than a year and a half.

Not saying it's worth gutting the farm or tying up $12+ mil. But something like Bo for Karlsson straight up would take some serious thought.
ukcanuck
MVP
MVP

Post by ukcanuck »

ESQ wrote:
Meh, he's Swedish, Swedes seem to love Vancouver, and he's stated he wants to be paid his market value. So as long as he's getting paid, he'd likely stay more than a year and a half.

Not saying it's worth gutting the farm or tying up $12+ mil. But something like Bo for Karlsson straight up would take some serious thought.
Karlsson hasn't won a cup for Ottawa and we have been down the Superstar Swede route plenty. No way I would agree to a trade.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

micky107 wrote:
SKYO wrote:ICYMI - Erik Karlsson could be trade bait, team has asked for his 10 team NTC list.

Swedish power unite!?

Sedins-Eriksson
Edler-Karlsson

Then next year:
Edler-EK
You are quite the proponent.
I see a lot of rhetoric and posturing going on in regards to EK but not sure how serious to take it yet.
I do think the ax may fall on Guy Bucher and that in itself could change everything.
Regardless of where he gets a new contract the year after next, it's gonna be 12+.
If we had a pole on this forum right now, I'd be curious to see the ayes and nays.
I take it you are for it.
At this point by a narrow margin I would reluctantly take a pass...
I don't think you'll ever see a D get that much in this market.

$10M would make him the 5th highest paid player (cap hit) in the league.

Karlsson is having a lesser year, but even with him the Sens are terrible. If nothing else this season highlights why you don't make anyone outside of top line pivots the big ticket player on your team.

Chicago will probably not see another Cup until Kane and Toews are off the books. They haven't had the horses since those contracts kicked in and Bowman is forever juggling salary and having to find diamonds to keep them even competitive in the regular season.....they are outside of a w/c spot right now btw.

Carey Price is the highest paid goalie in history. His team can't score their way out of a paper bag, and if Price plays at anything less than his best the team folds like a cheap tent.

Edmonton should be really interesting next year when McDoofus' $12.5M kicks in.

Superstar players put assess in the seats. They don't guarantee much more than that.....especially when they get hurt and the team lacks the horses to win without them because the wad was blown on one or two guys.

Nothing accomplishes ticket sales like a winning team.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Good point Mëds, the Hawks best years were when their two key cogs (Kane & Toews) were in their ELC (max rookie contracts) -> 2nd contracts $6.3M per x 5 years (2010-2015).

That 13 year Duncan Keith contract is alright though as they locked him in early at $5.5M per, but he's 34 now and locked in for another 5 years after this season.

The only big contracts that were the best is the Pens with Crosby $8.7m and Malkin $9.5m, Kessel $6.8m & just one dman making big dollaz with Letang at $7.25m...although these players are so great that they can bide their time and they won the Cup once again are constant threats.

LA Kings dominance was back when Kopitar was in his mid-late 20's and while making $6.8m per x 7.

So those are good ages, timelines and contract range a team should be contending when their key players are in their mid-late 20's & in their ELC to 2nd contracts.

Horvat 22 is already in his 2nd contract for six years, so lets hope 19 year old Pettersson can join in on the team next year starting his ELC.

20 year old Boeser the 3rd key cog after those two has one more year before he starts his 2nd contract, why I hope JB gives him a 8 year contract similar to Phil Kessels. As the team should try to maximize this Horvat 6 year contract. Also why I wouldn't mind trading for OEL whose 26, has one year left before he get a big raise around $8.5M per, get one key dman locked up for 8 years to coincide with Pettersson', Boeser, Horvat prime young years.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

OEL is a ufa in two years time. Wake up Skyo. Unless he verbally agrees to an extension why gut the team for him ?
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Blob Mckenzie wrote:OEL is a ufa in two years time. Wake up Skyo. Unless he verbally agrees to an extension why gut the team for him ?
OEL types pretty much never make it to UFA, team probably seeks permission to speak to his agent prior to trade, which IF happened would be after the season is finished.
Of course it would nice to win draft lotto this season!
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Mëds wrote:Karlsson is having a lesser year, but even with him the Sens are terrible. If nothing else this season highlights why you don't make anyone outside of top line pivots the big ticket player on your team.
P.K. Subban
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

^Good player, but better marketing piece. PK isn’t even the best player on that blue line
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

BladesofSteel wrote:^Good player, but better marketing piece. PK isn’t even the best player on that blue line
Once Ellis comes back he might be a # 4 d man