The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue May 16, 2017 12:04 pm

Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Either way it's doubtful the trade or non trade of Tanev would or should impact who they draft at 5.


You've got it backasswards.

Dude said who they draft at 5 might impact the trading of Tanev.

Point of order: Brains Benning is the skullfucker, not the skullfuckee.

And one should have nothing to do with the other if the management team is competent........ in which case you may have a point.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8124
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Strangelove » Tue May 16, 2017 12:20 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Strangelove wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:Either way it's doubtful the trade or non trade of Tanev would or should impact who they draft at 5.


You've got it backasswards.

Dude said who they draft at 5 might impact the trading of Tanev.

Point of order: Brains Benning is the skullfucker, not the skullfuckee.


And one should have nothing to do with the other


Wrong.

No doubt they have potential deals on the table for Tanev.

If a dman is considered the BPA at #5, they are more likely to pull the trigger on a Tanev deal.

Unlike you, they see the big picture. 凸( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Guess no one told you there's a rebuild goin on...
____
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
User avatar
Strangelove
CC Legend
 
Posts: 14417
Joined: Sat Dec 18, 2004 1:13 pm
Location: Lake Vostok

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue May 16, 2017 12:36 pm

Yawn more hot air and drivel .......
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8124
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Madcombinepilot » Tue May 16, 2017 12:40 pm

Blob, not starting a war, but a point of curiosity.. what do you consider fair value for Tanev? (or Edler, for that matter?)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Tue May 16, 2017 12:46 pm

Madcombinepilot wrote:Blob, not starting a war, but a point of curiosity.. what do you consider fair value for Tanev? (or Edler, for that matter?)


A top 10 pick or a mid first rounder and a teams top 3 prospect for Tanev.

A late first and a decent prospect or 2 2nds and a decent prospect for Edler. I don't advocate trading either unless you get a good deal. If you could do Tanev and Baertschi/Granlund for Drouin I'd be all over it.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8124
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Madcombinepilot » Tue May 16, 2017 10:47 pm

Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:Blob, not starting a war, but a point of curiosity.. what do you consider fair value for Tanev? (or Edler, for that matter?)


A top 10 pick or a mid first rounder and a teams top 3 prospect for Tanev.

A late first and a decent prospect or 2 2nds and a decent prospect for Edler. I don't advocate trading either unless you get a good deal. If you could do Tanev and Baertschi/Granlund for Drouin I'd be all over it.



Knowing Tampa is up against the cap (you have to take salary back) would you do your Tanev (or substitute Edler) trade for Drouin and Garrison (Garrison is their salary dump)??
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
User avatar
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP
 
Posts: 2434
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:54 am
Location: Saskatoon, Sk.

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed May 17, 2017 12:39 am

^^^

No, not Tanev. I'd do Tanev for Drouin plus a pick to take a cap dump. Edler ya I'd do your deal.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 11800
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby micky107 » Wed May 17, 2017 1:04 am

Love to see Drouin here but SY is a monster to deal with.
Although, he must be feeling the pressure now so maybe. ;)
"evolution"
User avatar
micky107
CC Legend
 
Posts: 3044
Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:27 am

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby SKYO » Wed May 17, 2017 1:43 am

micky107 wrote:Love to see Drouin here but SY is a monster to deal with.
Although, he must be feeling the pressure now so maybe. ;)


Yup Drouin is going to be dealt, Yzerman is gonna feel the Tampa heat by the owner Jeffrey Vinik to get this dealt with, so the Lightning can start the 2017/18 season with no drama or contract hold outs.

Lots of talk about Anaheim but Fowler going to be a UFA in a year, Lindholm is untouchable, Theodore would be the main target, but SY probably wants more than him.
Manson will be 26 in Oct, he's like Tanev a defensive dman, but will only avg 15-18 pts per.
23 year old 6'0 rookie Montour is supposed to be a QB type but poor defensively.
Vatanen is a good chip, but injury woes and is tiny.

Hutton is 2 years older than Theodore, both 6'2, Huts imo is great option for the Lightning, pair him with Stralman on the 2nd pairing.
Ben Hutton is due for at least a 30+ point season, he's scored 24 pts rookie season, sophomore slump still got 19 points, he's got a great motor, plays best when he gets angry ha.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Hockey Widow » Wed May 17, 2017 3:01 am

SKYO wrote:
micky107 wrote:Love to see Drouin here but SY is a monster to deal with.
Although, he must be feeling the pressure now so maybe. ;)


Yup Drouin is going to be dealt, Yzerman is gonna feel the Tampa heat by the owner Jeffrey Vinik to get this dealt with, so the Lightning can start the 2017/18 season with no drama or contract hold outs.

Lots of talk about Anaheim but Fowler going to be a UFA in a year, Lindholm is untouchable, Theodore would be the main target, but SY probably wants more than him.
Manson will be 26 in Oct, he's like Tanev a defensive dman, but will only avg 15-18 pts per.
23 year old 6'0 rookie Montour is supposed to be a QB type but poor defensively.
Vatanen is a good chip, but injury woes and is tiny.

Hutton is 2 years older than Theodore, both 6'2, Huts imo is great option for the Lightning, pair him with Stralman on the 2nd pairing.
Ben Hutton is due for at least a 30+ point season, he's scored 24 pts rookie season, sophomore slump still got 19 points, he's got a great motor, plays best when he gets angry ha.


Small printing it eh?

I too think Hutton maybe the bargaining chip to try and land Drouin. Age being the biggest factor. Honestly I'd be all for it but it doesn't solve our problem of the protection list. I'd still love to see Benning move out Sbisa for whatever, at least a 2nd, I think anyway. If we accept Edler is a long shot to move and Tanev is a calming minute eating influence who still has one contract in him, at least, after this one he is a good soldier to build around.

Moving out two lefties opens room for Juolevi and Pedan. Still a young unproven D core but if it lands us Drouin and a pick go for hit. But cap may be tight after we re-sign Horvat, Gudbranson and the newly acquired Drouin.
The only HW the Canucks need
User avatar
Hockey Widow
CC Legend
 
Posts: 11800
Joined: Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:52 pm

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Reefer2 » Wed May 17, 2017 7:33 am

SKYO wrote:
micky107 wrote:Love to see Drouin here but SY is a monster to deal with.
Although, he must be feeling the pressure now so maybe. ;)


Yup Drouin is going to be dealt, Yzerman is gonna feel the Tampa heat by the owner Jeffrey Vinik to get this dealt with, so the Lightning can start the 2017/18 season with no drama or contract hold outs.

Lots of talk about Anaheim but Fowler going to be a UFA in a year, Lindholm is untouchable, Theodore would be the main target, but SY probably wants more than him.
Manson will be 26 in Oct, he's like Tanev a defensive dman, but will only avg 15-18 pts per.
23 year old 6'0 rookie Montour is supposed to be a QB type but poor defensively.
Vatanen is a good chip, but injury woes and is tiny.

Hutton is 2 years older than Theodore, both 6'2, Huts imo is great option for the Lightning, pair him with Stralman on the 2nd pairing.
Ben Hutton is due for at least a 30+ point season, he's scored 24 pts rookie season, sophomore slump still got 19 points, he's got a great motor, plays best when he gets angry ha.


Seriously can ya stop with the small print.

It's hard to read on the cell.
User avatar
Reefer2
CC Hall of Fan Member
 
Posts: 2764
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 8:47 am

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby Blob Mckenzie » Wed May 17, 2017 7:39 am

Madcombinepilot wrote:
Blob Mckenzie wrote:
Madcombinepilot wrote:Blob, not starting a war, but a point of curiosity.. what do you consider fair value for Tanev? (or Edler, for that matter?)


A top 10 pick or a mid first rounder and a teams top 3 prospect for Tanev.

A late first and a decent prospect or 2 2nds and a decent prospect for Edler. I don't advocate trading either unless you get a good deal. If you could do Tanev and Baertschi/Granlund for Drouin I'd be all over it.



Knowing Tampa is up against the cap (you have to take salary back) would you do your Tanev (or substitute Edler) trade for Drouin and Garrison (Garrison is their salary dump)??

I don't think Yzerman would do the deal for Edler. I'd probably take back Garrison or Callahan as a cap dump but they'd have to throw in a pick as well. Maybe a second or third rounder , Vancouver can send a warm body the other way either Baertschi or Granlund.
TELL ME HOW MY ASS TASTES
User avatar
Blob Mckenzie
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8124
Joined: Wed Aug 11, 2004 12:34 pm
Location: Oakalla

Re: Martin Necas

Postby SKYO » Wed May 17, 2017 3:06 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Necas is the sleeper in this draft IMO, and some think Pettersen as well as he gets downgraded due to his stringbean body but is up there in skillset with Necas and Hischier


When it's all said and done I believe Necas will be the better center over Glass and Mittelstadt.

With five points in five games at last year’s World Under-17 Hockey Challenge, and six points in four games in helping the Czechs win the Ivan Hlinka tournament, Martin Necas has shone on the international stage.

He added three points in five games at the World Juniors, and was impressive given his underage status in that tournament. Necas was also outstanding in the five nations tournament, as he was one of the best players on the ice throughout.


Skating

Necas is an outstanding skater with a good stride along with excellent agility and balance. He has very good speed, and good acceleration. Necas has a powerful lower body, allowing him to win battles on the boards and in front of the net. This should only improve with time, as he adds more muscle to what is generally a pretty skinny frame right now. Necas can use his agility and edgework to get around defenders. Once he gets a step, his ability to change speeds and quickly accelerate allows him to drive to the front of the net.

Offensive Game

Necas can handle the puck and make plays while moving at top speed. His hands are quick, and soft; and he protects the puck well. This makes him extremely dangerous on the rush. Necas has excellent vision and makes tough passes through tight areas. He is very creative with his passing game, and can find openings that other players wouldn’t try. He can also be dangerous as a shooter with a quick release on both his wrist and snap shots.


Necas is projected to go from 5-15. Craig Button who had Virtanen going in the 40's range, projects #3! for Necas.

http://www.tsn.ca/craig-s-list-lots-of- ... r-1.702428

Button:
Martin Necas, who has played the entire season with Brno in the Czech Extraliga, the highest league in the Czech Republic, moves one spot up from our January rankings to land in third.

Necas (seven goals and eight assists in 41 games) has a style of game that reminds me of Philadelphia Flyers captain Claude Giroux.

He has a high skill level, can finish or create, and has a desire to find some way to make an impact in every game he plays.


6'1, right shot center Necas will be somewhat of a reach at #5 but should be a superb pick up for this rebuilding team if they choose him.

Button good analysis on Necas

Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby RoyalDude » Fri May 19, 2017 7:48 pm

Watched the Windsor/ST John Memorial Cup game tonight. If Vilardi is considered a top prospect the Canucks should trade their pick. Not impressed.
"I just want to say one word to you. Just one word. Are you listening? - Plastics." - The Graduate
User avatar
RoyalDude
CC Legend
 
Posts: 9674
Joined: Mon Aug 09, 2004 6:36 pm
Location: Vancouver

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Postby SKYO » Fri May 19, 2017 11:31 pm

RoyalDude wrote:Watched the Windsor/ST John Memorial Cup game tonight. If Vilardi is considered a top prospect the Canucks should trade their pick. Not impressed.

Also remember Gabe (Aug 1999) is almost a full year younger than Nolan Patrick (Sept 1998).

Vilardi bicardi gonna rip it up next season.
Canucks 2017/18
A NEW HOPE
User avatar
SKYO
CC Legend
 
Posts: 8085
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2011 10:34 pm

PreviousNext

Return to Canucks Corner Chat

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Cookie La Rue and 9 guests