The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

Lancer
CC Legend

Re: The 2017 NHL Entry Draft

Post by Lancer »

CrzyCanuck wrote:I forsee us ending up with 4th pick but jumped up to 2nd

because I say so. :lol: :lol:
Clearly you did not get the League memo out of Toronto...

It is nice to wish, though.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Didn't you get the memo Lancer, the league will finally throw Vancity a bone after Toronto and another Canadian

team (Oilers -gretzky's team) get their Generational players first, then the draft year with no superstars....ok

vancouver here ya go....granted I'll take it aha.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

SKYO wrote:Didn't you get the memo Lancer, the league will finally throw Vancity a bone after Toronto and another Canadian

team (Oilers -gretzky's team) get their Generational players first, then the draft year with no superstars....ok

Not going to happen - but dream on! We still have the Habs, the Sens, the Flames, the Jets.... and by then Toronto will still suck so bad, they'll need another generational player... and the cycle begins anew.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Cornuck wrote:
SKYO wrote:Didn't you get the memo Lancer, the league will finally throw Vancity a bone after Toronto and another Canadian

Not going to happen - but dream on! We still have the Habs, the Sens, the Flames, the Jets.... and by then Toronto will still suck so bad, they'll need another generational player... and the cycle begins anew.
I see your reverse psychology and I like it, but nah it's time for this town to get some luck yo!

It's in your Canucks genes to feel like we are gonna lose allllllll the time, but it's a new day, things change, we had the crappiest goaltending for the longest then we got Lu+Rollie and never looked back, what I'm trying to say is all it takes is a tactile move by the GM to get more cracks at the #1, the Oilers had almost 6 first overalls, all we are asking for is one!

But Plan B doe, trade up.

Plan C blockbuster trades.

Plan D target UFA college types.

Seems JB is leaving no stone unturned to find hidden gems lately, so no worries if we don't get any luck at the draft.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
CrzyCanuck
CC Legend

Post by CrzyCanuck »

There may be no generational player this year but we have a generational scout and hopefully a better farm development system now!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Hockey is Life, Nothing Else Matters
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

The Canucks have been giving New Jersey every opportunity to pass them in the standings the last while but the Devils want no part of it. Seriously how pathetic are the Avalanche? I guess we can remove McKinnon from the generational list, he's about as special as Taylor Hall. Duschene, what a winner. Landeskog, amazing.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

RoyalDude wrote:The Canucks have been giving New Jersey every opportunity to pass them in the standings the last while but the Devils want no part of it. Seriously how pathetic are the Avalanche? I guess we can remove McKinnon from the generational list, he's about as special as Taylor Hall. Duschene, what a winner. Landeskog, amazing.
Yeah! McKinnon is a total piece of shit.
The AVs will never break out of this conundrum hanging on to him.
We, however, are always willing to give a resurrection project a shot.
Give ya a 4th and call it square. :mrgreen:
"evolution"
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

micky107 wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:The Canucks have been giving New Jersey every opportunity to pass them in the standings the last while but the Devils want no part of it. Seriously how pathetic are the Avalanche? I guess we can remove McKinnon from the generational list, he's about as special as Taylor Hall. Duschene, what a winner. Landeskog, amazing.
Those are three really good players you just named. The problem is they have nothing else. I am beginning to favour Hischier over Patrick due to injury thing.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Yeah Patricks injuries are a concern, not sure if the Canucks can afford to take that risk. Hischier may be the safer pick not to mention he has a more dynamic skill set than Patrick. Tough call, really. I guess with Horvat, drafting Hischier may be the best move as Patrick and Horvat or kinda sorta similar centres
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

damonberryman wrote:
micky107 wrote:
Those are three really good players you just named. The problem is they have nothing else. I am beginning to favour Hischier over Patrick due to injury thing.
McKinnon isn't special. Him and Duschene are good support players but not the type to lead your team.
Landeskog is very overrated
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Why is everyone throwing shade at Mackinnon ? He still has the highest ppg of anyone in that draft. I think he and Monaghan are about the same. Personally I think I'd take Drouin over anyone in that draft but Mackinnon is not a horrible first overall pick in 2013. All the usual suspects who love Horvat but hate anything outside the 604 should get their fucking heads out of their asses. They're the same age and have the same amount of points in a down year for Nate and an up year for Bo. Both teams are a tire fire so that isn't an excuse for either. I guess Mackinnon doesn't have a stud like Henrik or a foundational player like a Sutter to insulate him though.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

McKinnon is nothing special. Fast skater. He's just another meh Taylor Hall type. I'd take quite a few players from his draft class ahead of him.

Duschene apparently is a bit of a headcase in the room

Landeskog is overrated
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

RoyalDude wrote:McKinnon is nothing special. Fast skater. He's just another meh Taylor Hall type. I'd take quite a few players from his draft class ahead of him.

Landeskog is overrated

Squuuack RD wants a cracker.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

RoyalDude wrote:McKinnon is nothing special. Fast skater. He's just another meh Taylor Hall type. I'd take quite a few players from his draft class ahead of him.

Landeskog is overrated
Quite a few hey ? I can think of a few but not quite a few.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Landeskog is overrated
Dude; I was just joking around on my previous post. :)
Any one of those three AVs in a fair hockey trade could help our team.
"evolution"