From Bountiful to Ponoka

Welcome to the main forum of our site. Anything and everything to do with the Vancouver Canucks is dicussed and debated here.

Moderator: Referees

clem
AHL Prospect

Re: From Bountiful to Ponoka

Post by clem »

A different perspective on the Keith - Sedin affair.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=115977
newcanuckfan
AHL Prospect

Post by newcanuckfan »

clem wrote:A different perspective on the Keith - Sedin affair.

http://forum.calgarypuck.com/showthread.php?t=115977
What a gong show CP can be. Nice to see some rational posters keeping things in perspective, but 13 pages of digression for that? Not surprised Flames fans hate the Canucks, but some of those dudes seem to have a dangerous aggression toward anything Orca. Kind of explains how the Reform Party would've got started....
Zamboni Driver
CC Rookie

Post by Zamboni Driver »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: I get that dude is all butthurt that his team will miss the playoffs again .
Oh no, they're all doing crazy math to figure out how the Flames can make it in.... :roll:

"Let's see, the Sharks play against LA, if they both lose in regulation, and the Flames get 3 points in their next game...." :lol:
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

The other day against the avs ..knowing they needed the avs to lose. The best they could do was cheer for a loss. Even though the nucks didn't need the win, there was no way they could cheer for a nuck victory..then it took drano to clean out the bad taste..lofl bunch of Inbred morons
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

rats19 wrote:The other day against the avs ..knowing they needed the avs to lose. The best they could do was cheer for a loss. Even though the nucks didn't need the win, there was no way they could cheer for a nuck victory..then it took drano to clean out the bad taste..lofl bunch of Inbred morons
Meh.... Klein fed those assholes retarded pig and cow meat for twenty years. This is the result rats. What i can't figure out from that asshole's post that I linked is that if the Canucks are in over their head against all the teams currently slotted 7 - 11, exactly how the fuck do they stack up against Detroit, Nashville, Chicago and St Louis ? If one goes by the retard's logic, one would assume those teams would sweep Vancouver.

So I guess Vancouver might be the favorite against Edmonton, Anaheim, Columbus and Minnesota??

Thing is Bountiful is theraputic.Today I took my mom in for her chemo, got a parking ticket ,my back is fucking killing me, got into an argument with the wife and generally had not the best day. Then i go to the retard farm and I see that there are people with a whole lot more problems and a lot bigger obstacles to overcome than me.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

It feels super weird living in Lethbridge now, lol.

I won't lie.

I actually wouldn't mind seeing the Flames make the playoffs, so that they play the Canucks. I drive up there and watch, jersey and all.

It would be quite the contrast to last spring when I'd walk from Edmonds down to downtown and get honked at, hugged, high fived, etc. (on June 15th, an old Chinese woman patted my head for good luck, lol. Ps - the head above my neck).
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Blob Mckenzie wrote: Thing is Bountiful is theraputic.Today I took my mom in for her chemo, got a parking ticket ,my back is fucking killing me, got into an argument with the wife and generally had not the best day. Then i go to the retard farm and I see that there are people with a whole lot more problems and a lot bigger obstacles to overcome than me.
____
Try to focus on someday.
wienerdog
AHL Prospect

Post by wienerdog »

Strangelove wrote: Image
This is what I always imagined Artie looked like in real life. Citizen THINKER.
Farhan Lalji

Post by Farhan Lalji »

wienerdog wrote:
Strangelove wrote: Image
This is what I always imagined Artie looked like in real life. Citizen THINKER.
You do realize that Thinker was east Indian right?
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

THINKER was a chinker.

LOL @ the mongoloid farm eating its own right now. Too many people laying the blame at B Sutter's feet IMHO. Toe Blake, Scotty Bowman and Tommy Lasorda couldn't have gotten that sorry assed team into the playoffs.

THEY AREN'T FUCKING GOOD ENOUGH !!!!!!!!!

They havent been for three years yet the mongoes keep drinking the koolaid(sorry urine) in hopes that Jarome will drag this clownshow to the first round.

I have questions about Iginla's desire to win or lack thereof (as I do about Shane Doan) if he decides to go back and play in Calgary(sic Phoenix) after next season. Nut the fuck up you two were part of the best junior team I ever saw play live. Two guys who played balls out playing for two shitty teams for most of their careers.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
tantalum
CC Veteran

Post by tantalum »

Jarome ain't dragging anybody anywhere. He's no longer the player he was and honestly I'm not sure he ever was what people think he was leadership wise. A complete no show to start and end the season. Points in only 1 of the last seven games. Not all his fault but the lack of points is fully a result of a lack of effort. Why the lack of effort? giving him the benefit of the doubt as some great leader it might have something to do with playing a 35 year old forward over 20 minutes a game each and every night (several nights over 23 minutes and one night over 26 down the stretch!).
okcanuck
CC Veteran

Post by okcanuck »

The BC Lions are dancing in the streets tonight.Word is the Flamers have bought out the Stampeders and will now run the CFL team, so now we are down to a 3 team western conference in the CFL.
Meds
MVP
MVP

Post by Meds »

I said for years that Iginla was the worst $7M investment that any team could make. $5.5M or even $6M could be considered, but you always needed to have a player to create for him. No doubt in my mind that Iginla is a very good player, no doubt he is a good captain, and no doubt he is a true competitor. However, apart from a few more career points, what has Iginla brought to the Calgary Flames that Trevor Linden did not bring to the Canucks? A trip to the finals.....check. Contributions to the community.....not as much. Loyalty to the team.....definitely.

Iginla is an upgraded version of Brett Hull, and he's the precursor to Stamkos. Though Iginla is a better all around player than either of them. He has a wicked shot, he's strong on the puck, he can take faceoffs quite well for a winger, he plays defense, he blocks shots, he stands up for his teammates, he takes losing very badly, he is a smart player both with and without the puck, and he is great at going to the open areas for a look at the net. He is not, however, very good at creating in the offensive zone, his passing is only slightly above average, his stick handling and puck control are decent, but he's not going to burn many defenders or goaltenders the way Crosby or Ovechkin, or even, dare I say it, a Sedin has been known to do on occassion, with a deft move that catches the other guy watching the puck.

Jarome Iginla has always needed that other half of the equation to truly take the next step.....and the Flames as an organization have completely failed to find it. What Sutter was thinking when he gave up Phaneuf in exchange for the bags of pucks he got back is beyond me. Phaneuf and a 2nd line player (like Jokinen) plus a R2 pick should have been used to bring in a single top 3 forward, instead they ended up with Matt Stajan, Hagman, Mayers, and White? Did I mention they also gave up Keith Aulie in that deal? Yeah, Sutter should have been able to pry a single top 3 forward out of anyone with those guys and an early round pick.

Iginla's only glaring problem is his assinine loyalty to that franchise that is committed to bringing on dead weight while they desperately tread water just below the surface of the playoff line. I realize it is the "team guy" thing to say, but he is an idiot if he really believes that the Flames have the pieces required to win with.
mathonwy
CC Veteran

Post by mathonwy »

Mëds wrote:I said for years that Iginla was the worst $7M investment that any team could make.
Montreal (Scott Gomez - $7.357M), Tampa (LeCavalier - $7.27M) and NY Ranger (Wade Redden - $6.5M) organizations disagree.
Mëds wrote: Iginla is an upgraded version of Brett Hull, and he's the precursor to Stamkos.
I don't think so at all. Both Hull and Stamkos were trigger men. Iggy is more like Forsberg than either of those guys. He's David Booth+++++. He's capable of driving it to the net but he's also able to recognize when there's no path to the net and be able to stick handle and control the puck in the offensive zone (which obviously David Booth has a problem with).
Mëds wrote: Iginla's only glaring problem is his assinine loyalty to that franchise that is committed to bringing on dead weight while they desperately tread water just below the surface of the playoff line. I realize it is the "team guy" thing to say, but he is an idiot if he really believes that the Flames have the pieces required to win with.
It's more than just loyalty to the franchise. It's loyalty to the community. Like Linden, he will stay with that organization through thick and thin because it's in his nature. It sucks to see this as a fan of his but it is what it is and ultimately it is his choice.

Let's hope he gets dealt to the East this summer and Feaster actually starts rebuilding this team. Or.. they can continue to fail in spectacular mediocrity for the next 10 years. Either way, fuck em. :)
tantalum
CC Veteran

Post by tantalum »

Iginla's problem isn't the loyalty to the franchise. His problem is that his loyalty to the team and vice versa has made him LAZY for a good chunk out of the year. His poor starts to the year are well known. His lack of desire to back check since the lockout ended is well known. His lack of desire to buy into any system a coach brings in is apparent.

I also take issue with the idea that he hates to lose. He seems to be showing over the past several years that losing really doesn't have much of an effect on him. He at times is a sore loser but I don't think he fundamentally really hates to lose that much (at least not anymore).

To be sure he isn't the only problem but he is A problem with that franchise. His leadership on and off the ice has simply not been apparent (or apparent enough) the last 3 or 4 years. Perhaps it was and is unfair for him to still be the only leader in the organization...which just points to the other big reason they are where they are. Since Iginla joined the flames and shortly thereafter became captain they haven't drafted anyone that can take over those leadership roles. Flames fans will say Giordano but honestly Giordano is like Kesler...effort but lots of misguided effort. Not captain material yet.

Apparently the classy roster of the flames had Glencross challenging a Calgary fan last game (the only emotion he showed all game btw which is what the fan was complaining about). The ever classy flames fans also had one of their membership throw a jersey on the ice. Now I realize it's frustrating and all but throwing the jersey on the ice? No wonder the ownership has provided the direction they have. Calgary fandom can't handle poor teams. but of course we all knew that when the crowds were sparse and Paul Allen was sniffing around.