Prized Possesions

Do you collect hockey cards or other hockey/Canucks memorabilia? Dicuss your collections in this forum and network with other collectors.
nucklehead_88
CC 1st Team All-Star

Prized Possesions

Post by nucklehead_88 »

So since there isn't a whole lot going on in Canuckland for the moment, I though I'd give eveyone a chance to "brag" about their most prized hockey/canucks possesions and where you got em!

mine are, signed Trevor Linden 3rd jersey from the first orca era, a puck caught by my dad from october 4th 1991 at the Pacific Colliseum (San Jose vs. Vancouver, San Joses First game in the NHL....says so on the puck lol) and my two tickets from Trevor Linden Night framed.
"HE WILL PLAY, YOU KNOW HE'LL PLAY, HE'LL PLAY ON CRUTCHES...."

Jim Robson
levelheaded
MVP
MVP

Re: Prized Possesions

Post by levelheaded »

I have a piece of fake money from the Canucks Dice and Ice a couple years ago signed by Linden as well as a Picture of Malik with the Rangers that is also signed (he's my favourite player ever for some stupid reason). I also won a team signed hockey stick from that stupid Canucks Movie DVD thing, but it's kind of a white elephant as it's sitting in storage until I move somewhere where I can mount it on the wall without it looking horribly out of place. I also have an old third jersey signed by Jovanovski, John Shorthouse (he's awesome), Kirk McLean (who thinks I put sharpie on his suit, I swear to god I didn't) and one or two others. I also kept my ticket from Luc Bourdon night and Trevor Linden night, I just haven't framed them. I also was given a t-shirt signed by the team about 4-5 years ago although it's impossible to work out more than one or two of the signatures.

I have far too much useless crap.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

levelheaded wrote:I have far too much useless crap.
I'll have admit to that as well... now I have a giant building to store it all, so I'm just accumulating more! :?

A ticket stub from the 1st Canucks game - almost 40 years old! ;)

I have a sizable Canucks card collection, all the OPC for the first 20 years, dozens and dozens of autographed cards and 'jersey' cards and a ton of other cards thrown in.

My prize is my "For the Love of Hockey" book, signed by 90+ NHLers. All the greats (Orr, Howe, Richard, Gretzky) plus Linden and Bure from the Canucks.
Doc: "BTW, Donny was right, you're smug."
Linden Is God
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Linden Is God »

Autographed Linden rookie card and puck

Autographed Bure stick and jersey

Autographed Jean Beliveau puck
GO CANUCKS GO !!!

:towel: :towel: :towel:
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

Most valuable ($$ wise) is my 1998 Messier Jersey from the Vancouver All-Star game.

Mose unique, and favorite: My set of 6 Vancouver players for table hockey, including the goalie. (yes, I bring my own players to table hockey!)
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Tciso wrote:Most unique, and favorite: My set of 6 Vancouver players for table hockey, including the goalie. (yes, I bring my own players to table hockey!)
I love the dedication. :lol:

Edit: Moved to Collectors Corner
Arachnid
CC Legend

Post by Arachnid »

i have an orca bay era jersey (and a '94 skate) signed by lotsa canucks over many years at many venues, great games (some not so) , good times, wonderful friends but the most treasured signature on it has to be my son's...

...the pursuit of happyness indeed
I love every move Jim Benning makes 8-)
Ridleyfan
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Ridleyfan »

My NHL Power Players album. You got stamps every time you filled up at Esso. I was nine years old and we didn't even have a car, but I managed to get all but one guy. My Mom ended up sending away a money order for 14 cents (!) to get Noel Picard of the St. Louis Blues.
The Canucks had entered the league the year before, and collecting Kurtenbach, Tallon, Hodge, Boudrias, and Popeil was a HUGE rush!

I collect Vancouver sweaters, and have the Millionaires, thw WHL Canucks, the Blazers, and almost every Canucks incarnation since. I honestly thought the 40 patch on the new thirds was to mark how many sweaters it's been, not how many years. :lol:

My goalie mask is my most prized, though. Moose, Orca, Blazers, Millionaires, and stick in rink adorn it, and it protects my brain.
Last edited by Ridleyfan on Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
The leaves: Longest running sitcom since Seinfeld.
Cornuck
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Cornuck »

Ridleyfan wrote:My NHL Power Players album. You got stamps every time you filled up at Esso. I was nine years old and we didn't even have a cra, but I managed to get all but one guy. My Mom ended up sending away a money order for 14 cents (!) to get Noel Picard of the St. Louis Blues.
The Canucks had entered the league the year before, and collecting Kurtenbach, Tallon, Hodge, Boudrias, and Popeil was a HUGE rush!
Classic! I collected them, lost them over the years - and bought a set on eBay - the coolest stickers ever made!
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

I have a Canucks flag signed by the 1999-2000 Canucks team and staff. I won it asking Henrik Sedin a question about Ornskoldsvik in a live chat. They were drafted that year, but didn't play until the 2000-2001 season. I gave it to my daughter, framed. Who would have thought the man would go out to win the Hart trophy 10 years later. :)
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
jadeli89
AHL Prospect

Post by jadeli89 »

i too have nothing more to brag about only my one true treasure autographed by my couzin Linden..go go..i wish i could collect more too lol.. :baaa: :stupid: :mex: :drink:
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

My collectible is a visible scar on my right hand. I received it sometime in June of 1994.East Van, Back screen door, middle pane of glass.. moments after some hockey game. It is unsigned.

I would love to trade it in if anyone is interested.
LotusBlossom
MVP
MVP

Post by LotusBlossom »

Robert wrote:My collectible is a visible scar on my right hand. I received it sometime in June of 1994.East Van, Back screen door, middle pane of glass.. moments after some hockey game. It is unsigned.

I would love to trade it in if anyone is interested.
:lol:

I'm going to be looking for that next time I see. Lions game?
parfois, je veux juste laisser tinber un coude volant sur le monde
Robert
MVP
MVP

Post by Robert »

I will be there! 8-)
Hunni
AHL Prospect

Post by Hunni »

mine is probably my 03-04 team signed jersey, including coaches. although sadly I am looking for a new owner for it, silly needing to pay rent lol

but ya that is mine I love it