Early Canuck Memories

A forum for Canucks trivia, stats inquiries, this forum compliments our History Section database created by George Fawcett.

Moderator: Referees

DavidPratt_
MVP
MVP

Early Canuck Memories

Post by DavidPratt_ »

Growing up first in Alberta but then moving to Langley I got a chance to watch the Canucks in the old Western League as a teenager and then in the early days of the Canucks when they were an exansion team in the early '70s. This video brought back some old memories.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Mrt9orMFV8

dp
Last edited by DavidPratt_ on Tue Mar 20, 2007 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
VANCOUVER'S SEXIEST BROADCASTER AND COUGAR HUNTER

*OPINIONS EXRESSED ARE THOSE OF THE AUTHOR, AND THEY DO NOT NECESSARILY REFLECT THOSE OF ©BELL MEDIA*

WATCH THE DAVID PRATT SHOW W/BRO JAKE 6-10 AM, M-F ON THE TEAM 1040
sk8er
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by sk8er »

Hey! that was great!!
randymeeks
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by randymeeks »

I learned some stuff from that video.... that was great. I didn't know that we had a team named the Canucks since 1945.

Anyone from this message board could probably listen to Jim Robson talk about the Canucks for hours on end. :)
38 years without a Stanley Cup and counting.
Soapy
MVP
MVP

Post by Soapy »

That was great ! I love those old jersies with the number on the front...the Forum actually looked pretty nice back in the day...when I played there its was awful. Great old picture of Don Cherry...no wonder he hates the Canucks after the joke Maloney played on him.....
A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Sundstrom's Bucket
AHL Prospect

Post by Sundstrom's Bucket »

My first Canucks memory (or, at least, the one that sticks with me today) is the first Canucks game I attended with my Dad. February 4, 1987 at the Pacific Coliseum. The Canucks beat the New York Islanders 4-1.

I am pretty sure Tony Tanti scored for the Canucks but I can't remember who scored any of the other goals in the game, though. I remember Frank Caprice and Billy Smith being the goalies.

I was only just coming up on 7 years of age, and it solidified my love for hockey. My Dad got us tickets that had us sitting in row 2, just behind the blue line in the Canucks home end. It was incredible! My Dad even got one of the Canucks players to fire us a puck over in warm-up.