Mike Foligno signed as Assistant Coach

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Mike Foligno signed as Assistant Coach

Post by Hockey Widow »

Mike Foligno named assistant coach of Chicago Wolves. Interesting news on a non news day.
The only HW the Canucks need
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Re: Mike Foligno signed as Assistant Coach

Post by damonberryman »

Why did we not try to get his kid from Ottawa? We could use what I saw versus the Rangers for sure. Sometimes the lack of info coming out of Canuckland is depressing. I keep watching good players with an edge go to other teams but not ours. Chris Neil almost won the Ranger series on his own and they resign him for 3 mill per or thereabout? I wonder how the Boston SCF would have gone if we had a comparable player?

Lots of questions for me and a growing unease with Gillis.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

damonberryman wrote:Why did we not try to get his kid from Ottawa? We could use what I saw versus the Rangers for sure. Sometimes the lack of info coming out of Canuckland is depressing. I keep watching good players with an edge go to other teams but not ours. Chris Neil almost won the Ranger series on his own and they resign him for 3 mill per or thereabout? I wonder how the Boston SCF would have gone if we had a comparable player?

Lots of questions for me and a growing unease with Gillis.
Mike Foligno is 53 years old, well past the kid stage of his life.

Are you talking about his son Nick who was traded to Columbus then signed?
damonberryman
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by damonberryman »

I am talking about his kid. :D :D
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

damonberryman wrote:I am talking about his kid. :D :D
Well Nick was dealt to Columbus as a RFA when Ottawa and Columbus were trying to make a deal for Nash. Though apparently Nash wouldn't waive for Ottawa.

So perhaps Columbus wanted Foligno in that deal but since it didn't happen they put together a little side deal.

So essentially Nick likely wasn't shopped.

But lets give Gillis shit for not squiring the guy regardless :crazy:
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Aaronp18 wrote: But lets give Gillis shit for not squiring the guy regardless :crazy:
Once everyone is on the Gillis Hate Bandwagon, the Dude will start loving on the guy. :thumbs:

So there are other forums here besides the OF, HT, and GD forums?? :crazy:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Fred
CC Legend

Post by Fred »

Hockey Widow wrote:Mike Foligno named assistant coach of Chicago Wolves. Interesting news on a non news day.
Strange choice. The guy has moved around a lot, he was an assistant coach in the NHL and now is an assistant coach in the AHL he's trending in the wrong direction.
cheers