Yann Sauve to join Moose

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Yann Sauve to join Moose

Post by ClamRussel »

THE DEBUT
D Travis Ehrhardt made his Moose debut yesterday. Ehrhardt, who had nine goals and 37 points for the Portland Winter Hawks of the Western Hockey League this season, saw ample time on the second power play unit and played just under nine minutes.

THE NEWCOMER
The next player to join the Moose on an amateur tryout offer will be D Yann Sauve. The 19-year-old was a second round pick (41st overall) of the Vancouver Canucks in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft. Sauve, 19, had five goals and 30 points in 61 games with the Saint John Sea Dogs this season. Saint John was swept in the opening round of the Quebec Major Junior Hockey League playoffs by the Cape Breton Screaming Eagles. "It's a good experience for me to compare the play of junior and the AHL," Sauve told the Saint John Telegraph-Journal.
http://www.moosehockey.com/moosenews/407/758
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Broda
CC 1st Team All-Star

Re: Yann Sauve to join Moose

Post by Broda »

Thats wicked to hear, i hope he can find a fit there. I really think we might have found another gem in Sauve. He was supposed to go in the first round but fell as his draft year he didn't handle the pressure so well. Hopefully he is maturing and handeling the heat better. He looks like a gamer from what i have heard.