Abbotsford looking for an AHL franchise ??

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Re: Abbotsford looking for an AHL franchise ??

Post by rats19 »

5thhorseman wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:27 pm
rats19 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 1:23 pm My OCD ...
Must be a mild case. It took 12 years to kick in 😄
Lol yah it seems that way....OR I never read it OR I wasn’t here yet OR I wasn’t a mod then... :wink:
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
SKYO
MVP
MVP

Post by SKYO »

Abbotsford is out I assume, as the Aquilini's wanted to a business deal there, but were rejected.

Comets to move to the Pacific Coliseum! wow that would be fucking amazing, they'd probably fill a lot of seats for that, so the locals can watch the rookies develop with some of the AHL vets.
As Steve Ewen noted here, a lot of options for where Canucks could put AHL team next year. First domino would be *choosing* to leave Utica, which isn’t a certainty. But if they did...Steve’s list makes sense. Also I’ve heard *AHL* has had eyes on Sacramento in recent past
In writing Saturday about the reports of the Canucks’ long-standing partnership with the Utica Comets being in jeopardy, Postmedia’s Patrick Johnston pegged the Pacific Coliseum as a possible landing spot for their American Hockey League affiliate.

The Pacific Coliseum is under the Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) umbrella.

“Comments about the Vancouver Canucks and their AHL franchise are best directed to the Vancouver Canucks organization,” PNE spokesperson Laura Ballance when asked about the possibility.

The Canucks did issue a statement regarding affiliations on Sunday afternoon.

“The Canucks and Comets have been in partnership since 2013-14 and continue to enjoy a great working relationship. While a formal decision on the future of the affiliation has not been reached, Vancouver and Utica will exercise due diligence and explore all options on the future of their partnership.”
https://theprovince.com/sports/hockey/n ... from-utica

Either way it appears the Vancouver Canucks farm team will in all likelihood be relocating to the West Coast, be it close by in BC or joining all the California AHL pacific squad down there somewhere, so they can bus ride it easy peasy to each game.
Can the Canucks just win a Cup within the next 5 years.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

No where near Vancouver I hope. Let the kids play and develop without the Vancouver media circus sniffing their every fart.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
5thhorseman
MVP
MVP

Post by 5thhorseman »

Topper wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm No where near Vancouver I hope. Let the kids play and develop without the Vancouver media circus sniffing their every fart.
Give it up Topper. They're not moving the team to Rock Creek.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

5thhorseman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 pm
Topper wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:50 pm No where near Vancouver I hope. Let the kids play and develop without the Vancouver media circus sniffing their every fart.
:lol:

If playing too close to the parent team and media is going to be a nightmare for these kids, they should try and toughen them up a bit.
“I don’t care what you and some other poster were talking about”
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:18 am
5thhorseman wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:23 pm
:lol:

If playing too close to the parent team and media is going to be a nightmare for these kids, they should try and toughen them up a bit.
Virtanen will volunteer on how to toughen them up and Drance will help them adjust to his the local media.

Seriously; It's too bad they may have to change it up.
"evolution"
2Fingers
MVP
MVP

Post by 2Fingers »

They are probably worried the AHL will packed every night will the Canucks and their $8.00 slice pizza, $8.00 beer, $40 parking $300 for 2 tickets has only 80% capacity.
Mickey107
MVP
MVP

Post by Mickey107 »

2Fingers wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 3:41 pm They are probably worried the AHL will packed every night will the Canucks and their $8.00 slice pizza, $8.00 beer, $40 parking $300 for 2 tickets has only 80% capacity.
If it wasn't for the Junior team, they might have had it in Victoria. There was interest but they waited too long. If I recall back then, there would have been a problem with adding another west team because the Heat were in Abby.
"evolution"
Cousin Strawberry
MVP
MVP

Post by Cousin Strawberry »

Isnt it all about travel expenses? They want to play where they can avoid expensive flights and bus around
If you need air...call it in
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:29 pm Isnt it all about travel expenses? They want to play where they can avoid expensive flights and bus around
That and easy call ups..and downs
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
Tciso
MVP
MVP

Post by Tciso »

rats19 wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:33 pm
Cousin Strawberry wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:29 pm Isnt it all about travel expenses? They want to play where they can avoid expensive flights and bus around
Easy call-ups vs easy travel and more practice time. It is a dilema.

The right solution is move the Comets to Saskatoon. Shitty travel. Crappy call-ups. But a few rabid local fans. A lose-lose-win.
The Cup is soooooo ours!!!!!!!
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Tciso wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:52 pm

The right solution is move the Comets to Saskatoon. Shitty travel. Crappy call-ups. But a few rabid local fans. A lose-lose-win.
+1

We should talk. We could buy the team, move them here, own the area.. make them more successful that the Rebels so everyone stops talking about the Sutters...

<dare to dream..>
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Madcombinepilot wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:20 pm
Tciso wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 4:52 pm

+1

We should talk. We could buy the team, move them here, own the area.. make them more successful that the Rebels so everyone stops talking about the Sutters...

<dare to dream..>
You could get Gomer to be the mascot.
Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:49 pm You could get Gomer to be the mascot.
He'd love it! Look here, you can tell Gomer is dying to get in that chicken suit...

____
Try to focus on someday.
Blob Mckenzie
MVP
MVP

Post by Blob Mckenzie »

Strangelove wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 6:11 pm
Vin Tanner wrote: Sun Apr 25, 2021 5:49 pm You could get Gomer to be the mascot.
He'd love it! Look here, you can tell Gomer is dying to get in that chicken suit...

It’s like Loni isn’t even there. He’s thinking of how to enter that suit with Bert still in it. :lol: