About time to call up Reid?

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

Ilevakam
CC Veteran

About time to call up Reid?

Post by Ilevakam »

Brandon Reid returned to Manitoba from the Spengler Cup today (jan 4th) with a Silver medal. He posted 3 points in 5 games with 8 stitches and one less tooth, and was a large contribution to Team Canada's success. Before leaving for the spengler cup he also had 5 goals in his last 5 games with the Moose, and currently holds 4th place amoung team scoring.

I'd personally like to see the Canucks give Chouinard a kick in the nuts and call up Reid for a couple games, but then again my opinion is biased because I love to watch him use his speed, but I am aware that his speed does not always create finish at an NHL level.
Island Nucklehead
MVP
MVP

Post by Island Nucklehead »

I don't know what kind of role this kid would play on our team. He's fast, but not very big, in fact he's a bout an inch shy of being a midget. I don't trust his skill to play on the top 2 lines. I'm not sure what his PK is like, but I doubt he's better than Chouinard there. If anything, I would say he replaces a Burrows type player. I guess it couldn't hurt to call him up to replace a guy like Santala, who dosn't play anyways.
westvandal
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by westvandal »

He would get called up if either Henrik or Morrison is injured, and even then...Shultz or Hansen would probably be called up before him.
E1-E4 = I made it up.
E5 = Found it on tsn.
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

Not if they needed a centre he wouldn't.

Without a doubt he has enough skill to play on our top 2 lines but its just a matter of who he replaces and sometimes you have to look at other intangibles like size & toughness and mix. I'd really like to see him play RW w/ the Sedins for awhile......or even give Naslund time off to recoup from this "injury" and pop Reid into his spot w/ Morrison & Cooke. Surely it couldn't be any worse than it is right now could it? .....they could see what Reid can really do now that he's back playing as good as ever....and Naslund could maybe fix whatevers wrong and come back refreshed for the playoff drive.

Island Nucklehead, I doubt Reid is as good a penalty killer as Chouinard but he is a MUCH better skater & was used as a penalty killer when he was on the WJ team a few yrs ago and most recently by Pat Quinn at the Spengler Cup. He can fill that role.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy