Abby names first captain

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Abby names first captain

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Chase Wouters.

Watched this kid play with the Blades here in Stoon. Good on him! He was captain here for I think 3 years, and they hung his jersey up here.

Good kid!

(Alas, I think he has peaked. Unless he has a HUGE swing in development, he will be a minors guy with potential call up/spot duty). I do think in a couple years, if he brings to Abby what he brought to Stoon (the intangibles) he could earn a one way contract.
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Re: Abby names first captain

Post by Megaterio Llamas »

Likeable kid and he does seem to be showing some progress MCP.

Probably no full time NHL upside but he should be a good minor pro for a long time and maybe play some NHL games.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

He's a nice kid but he's not having a very good season thus far. Still stuck at zero points.

He'd probably have been scratched by now if not for the 'c' thing.
el rey del mambo
Megaterio Llamas
MVP
MVP

Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:47 pm Chase Wouters.

Watched this kid play with the Blades here in Stoon. Good on him! He was captain here for I think 3 years, and they hung his jersey up here.

Good kid!

(Alas, I think he has peaked. Unless he has a HUGE swing in development, he will be a minors guy with potential call up/spot duty). I do think in a couple years, if he brings to Abby what he brought to Stoon (the intangibles) he could earn a one way contract.
Saskatchewan's Lane Pederson has two goals in the first five minutes of tonight's Abby game.

That's good for an early 2-0 lead over visiting Manitoba, and an insane 15 goals and counting in 16 games :lol:
el rey del mambo
Madcombinepilot
MVP
MVP

Post by Madcombinepilot »

Megaterio Llamas wrote: Fri Dec 09, 2022 7:08 pm
Madcombinepilot wrote: Thu Oct 13, 2022 6:47 pm Chase Wouters.

Good kid!

Saskatchewan's Lane Pederson has two goals in the first five minutes of tonight's Abby game.

That's good for an early 2-0 lead over visiting Manitoba, and an insane 15 goals and counting in 16 games :lol:
Jesus Megs!

I missed the quote here! Sorry!

As to Lane, I don’t think I ever saw him here. I think he always played out of province, if I recall correct? I want to say Arizona or something like that?
(It’s late, too lazy to google! 😂)
The 'Chain of Command' is the chain I am going to beat you with until you understand I am in charge.