2014-15 Utica Comets

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

ClamRussel
CC Legend

Re: 2014-15 Utica Comets

Post by ClamRussel »

sagebrush wrote:
ClamRussel wrote:1-buzz victory...
Good experience having Virtanen and McCann involved.
McCann was a spectator.
Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Virtanen, & Baertschi played in the game.
I'm aware, just meant having them there in the environment for a playoff run. Good experience for the pair.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

With TSN having so many stations it's too bad they don't pick up at least the AHL conference finals then the finals.
The only HW the Canucks need
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Hockey Widow wrote:With TSN having so many stations it's too bad they don't pick up at least the AHL conference finals then the finals.
What? You mean you don't wanna watch NBA playoffs?

What is wrong with you Wids?
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

Hockey Widow wrote:With TSN having so many stations it's too bad they don't pick up at least the AHL conference finals then the finals.
Wait, y'all doncha wanna watch sum be-ball???? Whatchu racist??? Imma letchu figer it out y'all while u find ur rednwhite pom-poms. We the north'n'all that. Wait what??? They out again in the first round?? Aright, maybe sum baseball then... Tranna B-Jays be bustin that shiit outta da park,yo wit da seeson still urly like dat'n'all. Wait what??? You racist mofos don't wanna see colour folk hit sumpin back at a white man?? Maybe you can suck som mo Babcock bi'niss frum da Dregs beeyatch.

Tranna Sports Network, peace out!!! :mex:
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Basketball is a sport for genetic misfits
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

BladesofSteel wrote:
What? You mean you don't wanna watch NBA playoffs?

What is wrong with you Wids?
It's not so much that NBA playoffs are bad, it's just do we need the same game on 4 TSN channels?
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Strangelove
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by Strangelove »

Lancer wrote:
Wait, y'all doncha wanna watch sum be-ball???? Whatchu racist??? Imma letchu figer it out y'all while u find ur rednwhite pom-poms. We the north'n'all that. Wait what??? They out again in the first round?? Aright, maybe sum baseball then... Tranna B-Jays be bustin that shiit outta da park,yo wit da seeson still urly like dat'n'all. Wait what??? You racist mofos don't wanna see colour folk hit sumpin back at a white man?? Maybe you can suck som mo Babcock bi'niss frum da Dregs beeyatch.

Tranna Sports Network, peace out!!! :mex:
UMMMMMMMMMM.

I do believe it's "bassettbouw". :hmmm:
____
Try to focus on someday.
Mr.Miyagi
CC 2nd Team All-Star

Post by Mr.Miyagi »

Big game tonight!

TBH this is probably the most excited I have been about an AHL team of ours in years....let's go 'mets!
In Okinawa, all Miyagi know two things: hockey and karate.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Little irritated that Green refuses to throw in McCann who has a higher ceiling than 99.9% of the entire Utica roster. Gotta put priority developing abead of career minor leaguers whom everyone knows will never get a sniff of the NHL. Hell, Grand Rapids is throwing Larkin into the fray tonight. Tyler Bertuzzi is not s better player than McCann and the Griffins had no problem putting him in the lineup once his season ended with the Guelph Storm. You think the Red Wings don't know what they are doing? Do they seem worried about upsetting some veteren career minor leaguers? Green is chicken shit too busy thinking about his own path and stat padding to the NHL
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Lancer
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by Lancer »

RoyalDude wrote:Little irritated that Green refuses to throw in McCann who has a higher ceiling than 99.9% of the entire Utica roster. Gotta put priority developing abead of career minor leaguers whom everyone knows will never get a sniff of the NHL. Hell, Grand Rapids is throwing Larkin into the fray tonight. Tyler Bertuzzi is not s better player than McCann and the Griffins had no problem putting him in the lineup once his season ended with the Guelph Storm. You think the Red Wings don't know what they are doing? Do they seem worried about upsetting some veteren career minor leaguers? Green is chicken shit too busy thinking about his own path and stat padding to the NHL
Dude, if it wasn't for Carter Bancks getting injured, I'm not sure Virtanen would have played either to this point. There's something to be said for loyalty and cohesion with the roster that got Green and the team this far. Maybe if one of the vets shits the bed or gets hurt, McCann could get a sniff but as long as the team keeps going and the centres stay healthy there's no competitive argument for parachuting the kid in there.
Love the Sport. Love the Team.

Hate the League.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Markstrom, Grenier, Clendenning, Baertschi, Friesen and Corrado are all prospects that helped the Comets to the success they've enjoyed thus far.

Regular season is for development, playoffs are for winning. Nothing helps develop young kids better than a winning atmosphere. Green led Utica to 1st overall in the Western Conference during the regular season, and they are now 4 wins away from the Calder cup finals.

I'm fine with Green's lineup decisions.
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

BladesofSteel wrote:Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Markstrom, Grenier, Clendenning, Baertschi, Friesen and Corrado are all prospects that helped the Comets to the success they've enjoyed thus far.

Regular season is for development, playoffs are for winning. Nothing helps develop young kids better than a winning atmosphere. Green led Utica to 1st overall in the Western Conference during the regular season, and they are now 4 wins away from the Calder cup finals.

I'm fine with Green's lineup decisions.
Larkin's first game with the Griffins is tonight. Bertuzzi's first game with the Griffins was with 2 games left in the AHL season. Are Bertuzzi and Larkin that much better than McCann and Virtanen? I don't think so. Were there not vets there before Bertuzzi and Larkin showed up who helped the Griffins have the successful season that they had without those two? Are we right, the Griffins wrong for dressing their top prospects and not ours? I don't care what you say about those players you mention above, most people will tell you that Virtanen and McCann are better prospects than the 8 you mention with much higher ceilings for NHL potential. I personally think it's ridiculous that we are not dressing our 2nd best prospect after Virtanen, some will argue he is a better prospect than Virtanen, in McCann.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Well Dude, you are the resident Chief scout of Amateur prospects for this here message board. I s'pose you would know best.

Down with Green!!! :devil: :devil: :devil:
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Here is 18 year old Jake Virtanen running over 6'3", 221 pound Grand Rapids' defenceman Brian Lashoff in Game 1, who tried to get a big hit in on Virtanen.