2014-15 Utica Comets

Talk about your favorite prospects and the happenings of the Canucks AHL affiliate, the Abbotsford Canucks.

Moderator: Referees

Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Re: 2014-15 Utica Comets

Post by Aaronp18 »

.....and they want him to be substantially bigger after the offseason!

:wow:

Must ...... curb ...... enthusiasm!!
rats19
Moderator & MVP
Moderator & MVP

Post by rats19 »

Aaronp18 wrote:.....and they want him to be substantially bigger after the offseason!

:wow:

Must ...... curb ...... enthusiasm!!
No.....let it fly with the wind ap....need my glasses?
Silence intelligence so stupid isn’t offended….
cfp
CC Veteran

Post by cfp »

Griffins and Utica stream.....

Mod Edit: Brian doesn't allow video stream links here (you can send them via PM if someone asks) - Strangelove
Chef Boi RD
MVP
MVP

Post by Chef Boi RD »

Grand Rapids kicking the snot out of the Comets 4-0 in the 3rd. Goes to show you what a good prospect Larkin is, 2nd game in the pro's scoring 2 goals, and in the playoffs. Bertuzzi's nephew is looking like a steal as well, he has a goal tonight, 7th in the playoffs, as a rookie.
“Tyler Myers is my guy... I was taking to Scotty Bowman last night and he was bringing up his name, and saying he’s a big guy and big guy need big minutes to play, he is playing great for ya… and I agree with him… He’s been exceptional” - Bruce Boudreau
Topper
CC Legend

Post by Topper »

Puck possession changed on the Lashoff hit.
Over the Internet, you can pretend to be anyone or anything.

I'm amazed that so many people choose to be complete twats.
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

Baertschi 3 Grand Rapids 0, mid-way through the 2nd. :thumbs:
BladesofSteel
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BladesofSteel »

4-1 Utica

Virtanen with this first point as a pro. Markstrom with another huge performance following a loss and Utica goes up 2-1 in the series.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

Really wish these games were on TV.

Sportsnet used to televise the odd AHL game, but I don't think they do anymore.
Aaronp18
MVP
MVP

Post by Aaronp18 »

You can buy them online and watch them if you want.

I'm not THAT into the Comets and I'm perfectly fine with checking box scores or this goddam thread!
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

Utica takes game five to take a 3-2 series lead.

Goals by Sanguinetti, Wacey Hamilton, Shinkaruk. Gaunce with two assists. Markstrom apparently made some gawd like saves. One game away from the Caulder Cup final with two games in Utica to try and get it done.
The only HW the Canucks need
BingoTough
CC 1st Team All-Star

Post by BingoTough »

RoyalDude wrote:Little irritated that Green refuses to throw in McCann who has a higher ceiling than 99.9% of the entire Utica roster. Gotta put priority developing abead of career minor leaguers whom everyone knows will never get a sniff of the NHL. Hell, Grand Rapids is throwing Larkin into the fray tonight. Tyler Bertuzzi is not s better player than McCann and the Griffins had no problem putting him in the lineup once his season ended with the Guelph Storm. You think the Red Wings don't know what they are doing? Do they seem worried about upsetting some veteren career minor leaguers? Green is chicken shit too busy thinking about his own path and stat padding to the NHL
I agree with RoyalDude. :shock: :shock: :shock:
ClamRussel
CC Legend

Post by ClamRussel »

BingoTough wrote:
RoyalDude wrote:Little irritated that Green refuses to throw in McCann who has a higher ceiling than 99.9% of the entire Utica roster. Gotta put priority developing abead of career minor leaguers whom everyone knows will never get a sniff of the NHL. Hell, Grand Rapids is throwing Larkin into the fray tonight. Tyler Bertuzzi is not s better player than McCann and the Griffins had no problem putting him in the lineup once his season ended with the Guelph Storm. You think the Red Wings don't know what they are doing? Do they seem worried about upsetting some veteren career minor leaguers? Green is chicken shit too busy thinking about his own path and stat padding to the NHL
Same. Certainly he should slot in at least on the 4th. Wonder if Cassels joins them for the Calder.
"Once a King, always a King" -Mike Murphy
BurningBeard
CC Hall of Fan Member

Post by BurningBeard »

ClamRussel wrote:Wonder if Cassels joins them for the Calder.
What a trip that would be for Cassels. He's earned it.
Every time I look out my window, same three dogs looking back at me.
herb
CC Legend

Post by herb »

According to Friedman, Cassels will join the Comets if they make it to the Finals.
Hockey Widow
CC Legend

Post by Hockey Widow »

ClamRussel wrote:
BingoTough wrote:
Same. Certainly he should slot in at least on the 4th. Wonder if Cassels joins them for the Calder.

If Utica makes it to the finals Cassels will join Utica, depending upon his health. He was apparently playing the last two games quit banged up. Benning wants to give him a few days for the bumps and bruises to settle. Monday Cassels said he was been asked if he is good to go to join Utica for the finals and he said he would love to but it will depend upon how the next few days go. Apparently an ankle boo boo blocking a shot is the major boo boo.

More important for him to be ready for camp. May join the team just to be around the atmosphere if he can't play or practice.
The only HW the Canucks need