Friday, April 25th, 2014

Contest: An Away Game, at Home *Game Three*

Watch Game 3 of the Stanley Cup Finals at Rogers Arena - Photo Credit: 604Now

Game 7 of the 1994 Stanley Cup Finals, then owner, Arthur Griffiths and the Canucks front office opened up Pacific Coliseum to have their fans watch the Canucks on a big screen. I was fortunate enough to be one of those 14,000 (or so)  people to be in the arena to watch the game. The result wasn’t what us Canucks fans were hoping for in 1994, but the experience that I had watching in our home arena, on a big screen, was an incredible one.  I believe proceeds from the ticket sales that night went to Canuck Place.

This year, Canucks Sports and Entertainment, are offering fans  a chance to buy tickets to watch Games 3 and 4 at Rogers Arena, on the Jumbo-tron.  You get to share an experience, like I did back in 1994, with your fellow fans in our home arena.  For just $10 dollars, and availability of the seats, you can watch your team on an away game, at home.  Does it really get any better than that when the boys are away? No, not really.  The best part about all of it is, the net proceeds of this event go to benefit the Canucks for Kids Fund.

Luckily for me, I was able to acquire a pair of tickets for Game 3 and here on Canucks Corner, we like to give them away to a lucky reader and fan of our site.  Want to watch the Canucks on the Jumbo-tron at Rogers Arena for Game 3?

Here’s how to do it:

A) Retweet or Post on Twitter:

B) Post a comment below answering this question:

Which member of the 1994 Canucks team would you choose to watch the game with you and why?

We will announce the winner on Sunday, June 5th and I will deliver to tickets to the winner personally.

Good luck and go Canucks go!

Justine Galo

twitter: @Aviewfromabroad

We have a winner!  Congratulations to Amrit Gill.  You just won a pair of tickets to watch Game 3 on the Jumbo-tron at Rogers Arena!

Comments

16 Responses to “Contest: An Away Game, at Home *Game Three*”
  1. Randy Carter says:

I would have to pick Trevor Lindon to watch the game with. Why? Legend, that is all.

2. Michael says:

I would pick Bure, we could discuss hockey in russian and I could see how he sees the game.

3. Kirsch says:

I would pick Trevor Linden because he is a Vancouver Legend who continues to give back to the community!

4. Saranna B says:

I would pick Trevor Linden. (a) because he is my favourite all-time Canuck & (b) I think he would be very interesting to chat with.

5. Shalu says:

I would choose bure, because everyone says he is like burrows and burrows is my favorite player!

6. Shalu says:

I would choose trevor linden because I think to have a legend beside me would be a honor and he is my dads favorite!

7. Monica says:

I would choose Trevor Linden because growing up he was my hockey player and still is till this day. But not only that I think he’d be an interesting character to hang out with because he is very involved in the community.

8. Kiran says:

I would choose Trevor Linden because he one of the greatest legends of hockey! Also, he actively gives back to the community and seems like a super cool guy :)

9. Megan H says:

I would pick Trevor Linden, omg that would be heaven!

10. Foxrocs says:

I would love to sit with the whole team from ’94 lol but since I can’t have that I’d say Trevor Linden because I would LOVE to talk shop with him :)

11. Ken H says:

I would like to sit with Stan Smyl, because i remember watching him when he was a Junior player in New Westminster, then i followed him throughout his career. It was really exciting to see him play in 94′. I would like to talk about his career and how he feels about the current Canucks! It would be awesome!

12. I RTed it but I don’t want to win because it would be entirely way too expensive for me.

13. Lexia Nash says:

I would LOVE to sit with Mark Wotton because he is from Canada actually Manitoba (Foxwarren Manitoba & my family is from Cowan Manitoba) & also born in November like me, his birthday is November 16th and mine is November 10th! In 96/97 he had 36 Game Points, not bad :) I would love a chance to go to a game with Wotton & watch my favorite team go for the Stanley cup! GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!

14. Amrit says:

Bure! I’ve always admired his skill since I was a baby, he’s my daddy’s favourite too :)

15. Justine Galo says:

Congratulations to Amrit Gill. Please check your twitter for details of your win!

1. [...] A) Retweet or Post on Twitter: I want to go to Rogers Arena to watch the Canucks on the Jumbotron for Game 3 via @Aviewfromabroad and @Canuckscorner http://bit.ly/iEPvcc [...]