RT and add your best wishes for Manny Malhotra!

The Vancouver Canucks announced today that Manny Malhotra will not return this season, or for the playoffs after suffering a severe eye injury.

While this loss is no doubt a big one for the Canucks and their fans, there is no one affected more than Manny himself. We thought it would be a nice gesture for fans to leave a comment here giving thanks to Manny for his efforts this year and to offer words of encouragement and hope for a full and speedy recovery.

So, this post is nothing more than that, a get well card for Manny. Please spread the word and leave your thoughts and wishes!

Hopefully we get a ton of comments here, and I’ll print them off and forward them to the Canucks and in return Manny.

Manny Malhotra - Photo Credit: Doug Pensinger - Getty Images

Be social and share!
Tweet about this on Twitter167Share on Facebook43Google+0share on TumblrShare on LinkedIn28Share on StumbleUpon0Share on Reddit0Email to someonePrint this page

Comments

1. says

Manny.

You quickly became a fan favorite upon arriving in Vancouver, with your leadership, and grit. You are an exemplary person in our community and province, and we wish you all the best on your road to recovery.

I think it goes without saying, but we all look forward to seeing you on the ice real soon!

Warmest Regards
    The Raberdeens

2. Barbara says

Sending healing thoughts and strength to you and your family, Manny. May your surgery go well and your recovery be full and as quick as possible.

We’ve missed you in San Jose this year.

3. canuckfans says

Thinking of you and your family during this challenging time. You are deeply appreciated and your presence is greatly missed. Hoping and praying for the very best possibly outcome. *hugs*

4. canuckfans says

5. Clara says

Get well soon. Our thoughts and prayers are with you. You’re such a classy personality…it’s no wonder that you’re a fan favorite of the Canucks and Sharks. We would love to see you play again even if it’s for the Canucks. But more important than playing hockey, is be healthy for yourself and family.

God Bless.

6. Alan says

Manny,

Get that eye fixed, and get better. Your play has always been enjoyed, and been inspiring! Get better, all of San Jose is wishing you the best!

Alan W. (SJ Sharks fan)

7. Drew says

There are many Sharks fans out here hoping everything goes well for you. Best of luck with your recovery.

-Drew from San Jose, California

8. banjo says

Manny,

No matter what jersey you wear, you’ll always be one of my favorite Sharks. Best wishes to you and your family for a full and quick recovery.

9. Max says

Your play for the Sharks last year was amazing, and I dare say your play for the Canucks this year was even better. You’re a phenomenal player and an even better person, and every one of us in the Bay Area is rooting for your speedy recovery.

-Max (Malhotra fan forever)

10. Scott Schulze says

MANNY!

We miss you here in SJ soooooo much! Hope everything works out! We all know you’ll be good to go by next season and skating circles around Nash by then :)

11. Cary says

Manny, thanks for the great years as a San Jose Shark. All of us Sharks fans are wishing for a speedy recovery for you. Stay strong, and best wishes for a speedy recovery.

All the best to you and your family.

12. Zach says

It seems like the worst things always happen to the best people. I loved it when you were a shark, but I still love watching you play. You leave everything out on the ice, but still respect every player around you. I hope everything goes well for you, and I hope you have a quick recovery. You’re the best type of hockey player in my book, and players like you are few and far between.

Best wishes.

13. Patricia Hoffman says

Loved you as a Sharks and was so sorry when you left San Jose but even more sorry to hear of your injury.
    Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

14. Megan says

Manny – We sure miss you here in San Jose, but we still follow you in Vancouver and enjoy your awesome play and great spirit for the game. Wishing you all the best results in your surgery and can’t wait to see you back out on the ice. My family is praying for your health and quick recovery :)
    All the best.

15. Matt says

Manny – Best of luck with the recovery effort. There are many Sharks fans back here in the San Jose area that are following your progress intently and hope you can return to the ice soon.

16. Shannon says

Manny,

We miss you out here in San Jose! We’re all thinking of you and wish you a speedy recovery.

Shannon

17. Rick (Sharks Fan) says

Everybody up in Section 210/Row 5 at the Tank wishes you a speedy recovery and return to the ice next season. God bless you, Manny.

18. Rob says

Praying for a full recovery for you Manny…We miss you here in San Jose but are truly happy with your success in Vancouver.

19. Jason says

Manny,

I’m hoping to see you back on the ice. But most of all I hope you get your full vision back. You are a asset to the NHL. The Vancouver fans love you, and so do us Sharks fans.

Get well soon.

Jason

20. Don says

I was bummed when you left San Jose, but not as bummed as when I heard about your injury. I hope you make a speedy recovery.

Best,
    Don

21. Farmdwg - Sharks Fan says

Manny we miss you in San Jose… You are a quality guy and your work ethic is unmatched. I wish you all the best and am praying that everything works out today and that we see you back on the ice next season!

22. 228 says

San Jose Sharks fans haven’t forgotten your abilities on the ice when you were with us and wish you all the best!

23. Jon says

From a San Jose Sharks fan, wishing you a speedy recovery Manny and a return to the ice very soon (and preferably a return to San Jose)!! ;-)

24. Chuck says

Manny,
    From a fan of yours from your days in San Jose…..both my wife and I were very sorry to hear of your injury. We both hope you have a fast and complete recovery and can get back on the ice soon. Best wishes to you and your family.

25. Ramona says

Best wishes for a fast recovery and we’ve really missed watching you at The Tank this season! That one big smile from you in warmup made my little boy your fan for life!!

Ramona (and Garrett)
    Sonoma, California

26. Tim says

Manny, you are in my thoughts as you rally to recover.
    All the best in making a speedy recovery!
    I thoroughly enjoyed watching you play esp. when you were with the Sharks!
    I hope to see you on the ice someday soon!
    Sactown Badger – (Life long hockey fan in Sacramento)

27. puckace says

Manny

You are greatly missed here in San Jose. However, I was happy to see that you got such a great deal in Vancouver and were also enjoying great success there.

So sorry to see this happen to such a class guy. Our prayers and thoughts are with you and your family during your injury and surgeries. Praying for restored vision and a speedy recovery. Hope to see you on the ice next year.

Be well soon.

28. Sharks Sharks Sharks says

Manny, you were a class act Shark and will forever be loved by us sharks fans. I am sure you will be ok and hopefully we will see you on the ice soon in San Jose. Best wishes..

29. Annie Burger says

Dear Manny,
    You’re in our hearts here in San Jose – always – and in our prayers.
    Sincerely,
    Annie Burger

30. Tony Khing says

Mango: My thoughts and prayers are with you. It’s a shame that things like this happen to first-class people like you. Stay positive, man!

31. JC says

Coming from a long time Sharks fan,

Manny, your hard work and attitude has inspired our team in many ways, both on and off the ice– we still miss your presence here. A fantastic organization like the Canucks wouldn’t be the same without you. Our thoughts and prayers are with you and your family, and we look forward to the day you’ll lace ‘em up once more.

Get well soon, buddy!

32. Chris says

All the fans down here in San Jose wish you the best Manny.

Here’s to a speedy recovery. We look forward to seeing you back on the ice next season, even if it’s not in teal.

33. Robert says

Manny- loved watching you play in San Jose and wish you a full and speedy recovery. You are a class act and I’m sure your presence will be missed in the Canucks locker room. Take care and best wishes

34. sharks90 says

All the best to you in your recovery, Manny! I am one of many Sharks fans who miss seeing your dedication, desire, and heart — both on and off the ice. We’ll miss seeing you shine in the upcoming playoffs.

35. Chris says

Nothing but wonderful wishes to Manny for a full and complete recovery, from this Sharks season ticket holder. I loved having you on our side last year, and hated it this year when our boys had to play against you. But now, I can’t wait to see you winning draws against us, and thwarting our PP once again. All the best!

36. CJ says

Best wishes to you Manny from a longtime Dallas Stars fan. We became fans when you were here for just a short time and have been following your career from Columbus to San Jose to Vancouver. We’re hoping you have a full recovery and a return to your hockey career! God bless you and your family.

37. MarkDaShark says

Manny, You were a great SHARK and we wish you all the best. Here is to a speedy recovery! Get Well Buddy! See ya Next season at the TANK!

38. 1moreSharksfan says

Get well soon, Manny. Hope you can get back on the ice next season. Even though you were only a Shark for one season, you made a great impression on the fans in the Bay Area and we wll wish you a healthy and speedy recovery!

Take care.

39. says

Manny,
    I am from the Bay Area and a huge Sharks fan. I am also a huge fan of yours and sure miss having you in San Jose. Thanks for everything you do on the ice- you are amazing and definately a class-act. I wish you all the best and am sending prayers for a speedy recovery. Hockey needs you and so do your fans!!!

40. RP says

Living in the Bay Area, I remember last season when you broke your nose and kept playing. You were one of my favorite Sharks and my favorite Canuck. Wishing you the best.

41. George says

Manny,

As a long time Sharks fan, I was thrilled that the Sharks signed you; I knew you were a perfect fit for Team Teal. I want to thank you for the year you spent in San Jose and you will always be a Shark to me.

I was disappointed when you signed with the Canucks but only selfishly. All things considered, it was a great move for you and while you are missed in San Jose, I was happy for you that you and your new team were having such success.

So, the news of your injury and the updates since have been weighing heavily on my mind. Of course the primary concern is that your eyesight makes a full recovery and secondly that your hockey career can resume this coming training camp.

I am confident that I am speaking on behalf of all Sharks fans, we wish you and you family all the best Manny; you deserve no less.

George
    A Sharks & Manny Fan

42. Joel says

Manny, thank you for being a great player on the ice and an even better person off of it. You were always so gracious to sign autographs when asked outside of the hotels in San Jose when you were on the Blue Jackets and you were also fan favorite when you became a Shark. Thank you for the way you conduct yourself, you set a great example for players in the game today and also for the youngsters of tomorrow. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.

43. Jamie Presslee says

Manny,

You were a key reason for this Vancouver team turning the corner from a division winner, to a legit contender. Your heart and character showed through out this season and winning attitude rubbed off on this team!

Even though you’re not on the ice right now, your presence is felt by the team, and fans alike!

I am praying for you (the person, not just the hockey player) and your family for the strength to over come this obstacle. You will be A-OK, and we are all anxiously awaiting official word that Manny Malhotra will be back in action- in life, and on the ice making us proud!

Stay strong!